These truffles kind of have a long name. But I am not sure what else to call them. I have to highlight the good points right? We have cookie dough. Peppermint. Oreo’s that happened to be double stuffed, but that seemed like too much to put in there. Then everything is dipped in chocolate, so I deem them truffles.
Today I am posting with a group of bloggers in honor of the victims, families, and community of Newtown, CT. “Cookies and Crafts for Sandy Hook” is one way we can unite and show support in the aftermath of what happened last week. Newton Youth and Family Services is a licensed, non-profit, mental health clinic and youth services bureau dedicated to helping children and families achieve their highest potential. NYFS provides programs, services, activities, counseling, support groups and education throughout the Greater Newtown area. Any donations made to them are going to those that were affected by the shooting. If you would like to donate, you can find more information here.
Sarah posted these last week, and I knew I needed to make them immediately. I knew that my 7 year old would love them, and they were perfect for the holidays. What kid wouldn’t love the chance to eat cookie dough and Oreo’s together? My 7 year old and I made these together, and then got to eat them! He was in love. These would be great without the peppermint extract for the rest of the year too.
I am beyond thankful for the time I have to spend with my son and my family this holiday season, and always. In the wake of what happened in Newtown, that is even more present on my mind. I know I am lucky to have each day with them. I hope in some way we can honor the victims of this horrible tragedy.
Peppermint Flavored Cookie Dough, Stuffed inside and Oreo, and Dipped in Chocolate
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 bag Double Stuffed Oreo's
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 Tbls + 2 tsp milk
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Andes Mint baking pieces
- 1 pound chocolate almond bark, melted
- crushed candy cane, optional garnish
- Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together. Add peppermint and mint, mix until combined. Mix in flour and salt. Fold in Andes Mints. Set aside.
- Twist apart the Oreo's, and place on a baking sheet. It is OK if they break a little, you can use the cookie dough to help hold it together. Place 1-2 tsp of cookie dough on top of the side of the Oreo with the cream. Gently flip that over, and press down onto the side without the cream. Leave the side without the cream on the baking sheet to help prevent breaking.
- Dip Oreo's into the melted chocolate. Garnish with crushed candy canes, if desired. Let the chocolate fully harden before serving.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Adapted Baking Serendipity