Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies – classic chocolate chip cookies that come out thick, chewy, and perfect every time!
I’m leaving on a jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back again. Sorry, every time I get on a plane that song gets stuck in my head. I have my dad to thank for that one! I do know when I will be back…Sunday night. I am headed to sunny Florida for Food Blog Forum this weekend. It will be an amazing weekend, and I am so excited it is finally here!
So in my absence I am leaving you with the perfect chocolate chip cookies. I grew up using the same recipe, I have been making it since I was 3 years old. Moving to Colorado has changed that though. That recipe just doesn’t work here!
I have used all the high altitude adjustments I know of, and it just doesn’t turn out the same. So I set out to find one that does work here. And these are it. The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies that comes out thick ad chewy every single time.
It took more attempts than I care to admit, but I finally found my new go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have made this recipe twice now, and both times they were soft, chewy, and perfect for days later. I brought a batch to our football team picnic, and every single one of them disappeared!
I heard a lot of “who made these cookies, they are amazing” or “did you make these, wow!” I have done the cookies with mini and regular chocolate chips. The minis ensure each bite gets lots of chocolate!
So if you want a new go to – or just want to make yours a little better. Try these Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies today!
The perfect soft, thick, and chewy chocolate chip cookie
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix until everything is combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes. The longer you chill the thicker your cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop golfball size balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes, until the edge are just golden brown. The center will appear underdone.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Recipe from Apple A Day