Football season is here! College started last weekend, and it was on all day at our house. This week is professional. Who is your favorite team? We are split here. I was born in Minnesota, and my Dad is a big Vikings fan. So even after we moved to Wisconsin, I still held strong. My husband on the other hand, was born and raised in Wisconsin, so he is a Packers fan. And of course, a son has to side with his dad, so my 7 year old is a Packers fan. The only thing we can agree on is college – we are all Badger fans!
Football and tailgating go hand in hand. Today the #SundaySupper team is here to help. We have an amazing line up of everything you need for one killer tailgate before a game. Honestly, I don’t think I have ever officially tailgated before. I am more of a, have all your friends over to your house, watch the game on tv kind of a girl. But that needs tons of snacks too, so we are all good today!
One thing that every football game needs is a drink. The guys can have their beer, but sometimes I like a good fruity drink. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good beer as much as the next guy, but something new is always good. This is super simple to put together – just lemonade, Sprite, and Tropical Punch Vodka. You can play with the ratios to get what you like. The Tropical Punch Vodka has lots of pineapple flavor that works great with the tart lemonade.
Are you ready for some football? Tailgating time is here, and this drink is perfect. Lemonade, Sprite, and Tropical Punch Vodka is a delicious way to watch a game.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 oz Tropical Punch Vodka
- 6 oz Lemonade
- Splash of Sprite
- Fill a tumbler with ice. Pour in lemonade and vodka, stir to combine. Top with Sprite for the fizz.
Join us on Sunday as we share our favorite tailgate recipes and tips. Hop on twitter at 7pm EST for the live #SundaySupper chat.
Need more tailgate ideas? Check out this lineup:
Pre Game Warm-ups:
- Sausage Balls by My Catholic Kitchen
- Edamame Hummus by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Rueben Dip by The Meltaways
- Buffalo Wing Hummus by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Smokey Guacamole with Bacon by Family Spice
- Pepperoni & Mozzarella Pull Apart by In the Kitchen with KP
- Boneless Honey BBQ Chicken Wings by Juanita’s Cocina
- Candied Pecans by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Swabian Mini Meatballs (Schwaebische Mini Fleischkuechle) by Galactosemia in PDX
- Joe Montana’s Touchdown Guacamole by Noshing with the Nolands
- Cheddar Cheese Jalapeno Bites by Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Hot & Spicy Popcorn Chicken by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites by Family Foodie
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Game Day Loaded Nachos by The Messy Baker
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Home Cooking Memories
- Southwestern Spring Rolls by Supper for a Steal
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs by Comfy Cuisine
- Roasted Garlic Bacon Dip with Easy Homemade Tortilla Chips by Daily Dish Recipes
- Beer Battered Spiced Sweet Potato Lentil Fritters by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Indian Spiced Chicken Meatballs by Soni’s Food for Thought
On the Sidelines:
- Anne’s Best Potato Salad with Bacon and Peas by Webicurean
- Simple Roasted Purple Potatoes by Ruffles and Truffles
- Spicy BBQ Baked Beans by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich by Cooking Underwriter
- Pollo Adobado con Papas (Adobo Chicken with Potatoes) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Poor Man’s Burrito by Shockingly Delicious
- Ham and Mushroom Handpies by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Individual Muffuletta Sandwiches by Magnolia Days
- Far East Steak Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Italian Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Hot Chicken Chili by Momma’s Meals
- Louisiana Sloppy Joes by Sustainable Dad
- Hawaiian Chicken Wraps by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grandpa Sal’s Sausage and Peppers by Daddy Knows Less
- Fancy Filet Chili by I Run for Wine
- Homemade Italian Sausage by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Jalapeno Crockpot Chili by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Flavorful Fall Marinade by Midlife Road Trip
- Moose Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Peanut Butter-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Streusel Topped Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Zucchini Cupcakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Oven-Baked Churros by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Swirl Nutella Cupcakes by Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter and Pretzel Truffles by Gotta Get Baked
From the Cooler:
Wine Pairings by Wine Everyday
Don’t forget to join us on twitter at 7pm ET to talk all things tailgate. Use tweetchat to follow along with #SundaySupper.
We’d also love to feature your tailgating recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share your menu with all of our followers!