Whole wheat muffins with fresh strawberries and white chocolate chips
It is no surprise to you that I like muffins. I think there is nothing short of 30 muffin recipes on here. Don’t believe me? Go check out the recipe index. I am just a little obsessed. As well as liking muffins, you know that I like to try to make them a little healthier. I mean, if you are going to eat cake for breakfast, you have to try to make it as healthy as possible, right?
My newest obsession is white whole wheat flour. I have been using it in everything! You can’t taste a difference and you are getting the goodness of whole wheat! It makes me feel a little better about my baking. I have noticed that things do come out a little darker in color, but they still taste the same. I used it for waffles and my husband kind of freaked out when he saw the batter. But once it was time to eat he was convinced.
A couple of weeks ago, I had more strawberries than I knew what to do with. You may remember Strawberry Crumb Bars, Berry Almond Salad, and Strawberry Shortcake. Well, here is yet another thing that I made with all those strawberries. I actually made 2 kinds of muffins, but never got around to taking pictures of the other. These, with the white chocolate chips were the favorite though. There are still 2 in the freezer. I think my 8 year old is rationing himself
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup vanilla Greek yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick spray. You can use liners, but spray them with non stick spray too.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together canola oil, yogurt, vanilla, and egg.
- Fold the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Add strawberries and white chocolate chips. Fold in gently.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for a couple minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely