You guys all know I am a huge fan of Biscoff Spread. When I don’t eat it straight out of the jar, I have used it in lots of recipes here. So it should come as no surprise, that when Biscoff asked if I wanted to come up with a new recipe using their spread, and tell you about their Spread the Love contest, I had to say yes! In case you haven’t tried Biscoff Spread yet, it is a creamy spread with a gingerbread and hint of cinnamon flavor. It has the consistency of peanut butter, and can be found near the peanut butter at most grocery stores. Biscoff spread is full of all-natural ingredients, does not contain any preservatives, cholesterol or trans fat. It also is vegan, does not contain nuts, and is made without any GMO’s or artificial colors. I love to use it in place of peanut butter in recipes to give them a whole new twist.
When I was in Florida for Food Blog Forum in May, Whole Foods provided us with a brunch on Sunday morning. The brunch included a gelato truck with 2 flavors for us to try; Banana’s Foster and Biscoff Gelato. It was hands down and easy choice for me! The Biscoff Gelato was a vanilla base, with swirls of Biscoff running throughout. It was so good, I knew immediately that I had to recreate it at home! I made a homemade vanilla ice cream, added some crushed up Biscoff cookies, and then swirled in plenty of Biscoff spread. It was so creamy, and delicious. My 8 year old went crazy for it, and was so upset when it was gone!
Currently Biscoff has their Spread the Love contest going on. During July people uploaded their favorite snacks and treats using Biscoff, and now you can vote for a winner. Voting is open from August 5th thru August 25th. So get over there before time runs out!!
August 30th, the winners will be announced.
First place – A trip to Belgium for two and a tour of the Biscoff factory
Second place – $1,500 cash
Third place – $1,000 cash
All you have to do is go to Biscoff Spread the Love Facebook Page. Like Biscoff, and then you get the chance to vote for the grand prize winners. Super easy, and so many yummy ideas!
If you are looking for even more Biscoff Spread recipe ideas you can check out my Pinterest Page. Biscoff even has a section of their Facebook page dedicated to recipes.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, , divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean, , split in half lengthwise
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Cookies, , crushed
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat the milk, sugar, 1 cup of the heavy cream and the salt. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Scrape the seeds from a vanilla bean, and add to the milk, add the rest of the bean as well. Cover. Remove from heat and let steep at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup heavy cream into a large heat safe bowl. Place a fine-mesh sieve on top. In a separate medium sized bowl whisk the egg yolks. Slowly add the warm milk mixture to the eggs, whisking constantly. Pour back into the saucepan. Return the saucepan to the stove, and heat over medium-low. Using a rubber spatula stir constantly, until the mixture thickens to coat the back of the spatula (170-175 degrees). Pour the mixture the sieve into the bowl with the heavy cream. Add the vanilla extract and stir until well combined. Put the bean into the mixture as well. Cover and place in the fridge until cold. Can take up to 8 hours, over night works great.
- Once milk mixture is cold churn in an ice cream maker following the manufacturer's instructions. Once finished transfer to an air tight container. Add crushed Biscoff cookies, stirring to combined. Heat Biscoff Spread in the microwave for about 20 seconds, just to get it easier to mix in. Using a spoon, drizzle a few spoonfuls of the spread over the ice cream. Gently fold it in. Repeat until all of the Biscoff is used. Place in the freezer for at least an hour before serving.
Vanilla Ice Cream Base from Brown Eyed Baker
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 396Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 171mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 0gSugar 23gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.