Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Muffins – Whole wheat muffins with fresh strawberries and white chocolate chips
It is no surprise to you that I like muffins. I think there is nothing short of 30 muffin recipes on here. Don’t believe me? Go check out the recipe index. I am just a little obsessed. As well as liking muffins, you know that I like to try to make them a little healthier. I mean, if you are going to eat cake for breakfast, you have to try to make it as healthy as possible, right?
My newest obsession is white whole wheat flour. I have been using it in everything! You can’t taste a difference and you are getting the goodness of whole wheat! It makes me feel a little better about my baking.
I have noticed that things do come out a little darker in color, but they still taste the same. I used it for waffles and my husband kind of freaked out when he saw the batter. But once it was time to eat he was convinced.
A couple of weeks ago, I had more strawberries than I knew what to do with. You may remember Strawberry Crumb Bars, Berry Almond Salad, and Strawberry Shortcake. Well, here is yet another thing that I made with all those strawberries.
I actually made 2 kinds of muffins, but never got around to taking pictures of the other. These strawberry white chocolate chip muffins were the favorite though. There are still 2 in the freezer. I think my 8 year old is rationing himself 🙂
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Double Cherry Muffins by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
Tangerine Raspberry Muffins
Raspberry Lemon Muffins by The Food Charlatan
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, , diced
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, (I used non-fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick spray. You can use liners, but spray them with non stick spray too.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together canola oil, yogurt, vanilla, and egg.
- Fold the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Add strawberries and white chocolate chips. Fold in gently.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for a couple minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely
Amount Per ServingCalories 159 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 17mg Sodium 56mg Carbohydrates 21g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 13g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g