Zucchini Muffins – Healthy zucchini muffins are great for a quick breakfast or an after school snack. Have them stashed in the freezer for easy breakfasts!
Happy Memorial Day!! Do you have any fun plans for this unofficial kick off to summer? When I planned my calendar for May, I totally didn’t realize that I put muffins down for today. I should have been more on top of things! I did give you Frozen Key Lime Margarita Squares and Blue Vodka Lemonade last week though, both of those would be great additions to your get together today.
One of the first real, from scratch muffins that I made was a zucchini muffin. I am not sure what I was thinking, because back then I don’t think I even liked zucchini. But I had found a recipe, my son was probably 2 at the time, and I wanted to make him something healthy that he would really like too. He loved them, and that started my obsession with baking muffins.
This isn’t that recipe, I honestly don’t know what happened to it. But when I saw Cooking Light had zucchini muffins in their last issue, I knew I had to make them. I made these zucchini muffins while my son was at school, thinking he would be excited to come home to a yummy snack. When he got home he wasn’t thrilled to see zucchini muffins. Apparently he doesn’t remember liking them when he was little. Finally I made him try them, and he loved them. Despite the fact that they didn’t have chocolate in them (a fact he had to point out to me), they still disappeared very quickly. I will be making a lot more of these once my zucchini plants take off this summer!
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Sugar Crusted Blueberry Muffins by Big Bears Wife
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Muffins by Texanerin Baking
Healthy zucchini muffins are great for a quick breakfast or an after school snack
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 6 oz all-purpose flour (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2/3 cup zucchini, shredded
- 3 Tbls canola oil
- 2 Tbls butter, melted
- 2 Tbls milk (I used skim)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray or use liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and all spice.
- In a small bowl combine zucchini, canola oil, milk, butter, vanilla, and egg. Mix until well combined.
- Add zucchini mixture to the flour, and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fill muffin tins about 1/2 way full. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
Recipe from Cooking Light