Andes Mint Cookies – a chewy chocolate cookie topped with an Andes Mint glaze. These are a classic holiday cookie that are so easy to make and always disappear in no time!
When it comes to holiday baking there are a few flavor combinations that I love. The mint and chocolate combo is really high up on the list for the holidays.
Peppermint Recipes just scream December, and these classic Andes Mint Cookies fit the bill perfectly!
Andes mint cookies are one of those cookies that have been around forever! There are different version with a totally from scratch dough and a cake mix dough. I personally love the cake mix recipe, because it is so easy and it makes the best cookies!
What’s In Andes Mint Cookies
- Devils Food Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Andes Mints
It really could not be any easier that 4 ingredient cookies!
How To Make Andes Mint Cookies
Cake mix cookies are so easy to make, you will be making these all holiday season long!
- In a bowl mix together the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until everything is well incorporated.
- Scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set and the tops are dry.
- Remove from the oven and place 1-2 Andes mint candies on the top of each cookie. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until it gets melty.
- Use the back of a spoon or knife to gently spread the the mints to make a “frosting” over the cookies.
How To Store Cookies
Let the cookies cool completely so that the icing completely sets up. Then store the cookies in an air tight container for up to 5 days. You can definitely make these cookies ahead and store in the freezer. Then just take them out when you are ready to serve.
The biggest tip when making cookies is to not over bake them. As the cookies cool on the baking sheet they will continue to bake, so you want to take them out before they are completely done.
More Christmas Cookies To Try
- Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Magic Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Avalanche Cookies
- Chewy Molasses Cookies
- Coconut Macarons
- Grinch Sugar Cookies Bites
- 1 (15.25 oz) Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 whole large eggs
- 48 Andes Mint candies, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs until everything is well blended.
- Scoop balls of dough onto a baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes, be careful not to over bake them.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, place Andes Mints on top of the cookies. Use 1-2 mint per cookie.
- After about 5 minutes, use the back of a spoon or knife to spread the melted mint across the top.
- Let the chocolate completely set up before removing and storing in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Recipe from Six Sisters Stuff
Amount Per Serving Calories 110Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 12mgSodium 115mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!