Seems like forever since the last #chocolateparty, but it has only been a month! Maybe because I made my December edition early in November, I was just so excited for mint and chocolate together! This month has proven harder for me though. This month the theme is coconut. See, I don’t like coconut. There in lies the problem. But I got creative, and these granola bars are awesome!
I may not like coconut, but I do like using coconut oil. Not sure if it is a texture thing or what, but I just can’t do shredded coconut. I have made granola bars using coconut oil in the past, but they needed to be done again. And healthier, and better.
If you do like coconut, adding shredded coconut to these would be a great edition. Or chopped nuts, if that’s how you role. I decided I needed to get rid of the mini marshmallow bites that were in my pantry, so I added those. Not very many though, only 1/4 of a cup, so I am still going to consider these good for you. My son has already had 2 of them today, he loves them!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars - a great homemade snack to have on hands for the kids. All good to grab and go on busy days!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbls wheat germ
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallow bites
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8 inch baking dish with foil. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, heat peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil until melted. Stir frequently.
- In a bowl mix together oats, wheat germ, flax meal, and marshmallow bites.
- Pour melted peanut butter mixture over the oats, and stir well to combine.
- Dump mixture into the prepared baking dish. Using a spatula sprayed with non stick spray, press down gently.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top, and gently press into the bars.
- Let set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving Calories 223Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 55mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 3gSugar 11gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking says
Homemade granola bars are the best. I love coconut oil, what a great idea to add it to these bars. Thanks for bringing them to this month chocolate party
Teresa @ Working Traveling Mom says
These sound heavenly! I make my own granola but have been meaning to figure out how to make granola bars as well.