Today I am super excited to share with you a recipe I developed for Nestlé® Toll House®. It is part of their “Dark Chocolate Made to Bake” initiative. A few of us bloggers were challenged to create a recipe that showcased Nestlé® Toll House® Dark Chocolate Morsels. There is also a friendly competition that goes along with this. All of the recipes are on Pinterest for you to vote on. The one with the most “likes” wins!
So this Dark Chocolate Mint Cupcake. Let me just tell you it is rich, decadent, creamy, fudgy, and refreshing all at once. The cupcake part is a rich chocolate cake that is light, airy, studded with Nestlé® Toll House® Dark Chocolate Morsels. The filling is a cool minty cream. And then it is topped with a dark chocolate butter cream frosting. The mint filling cools your mouth. The frosting is just so decadent you kind of want to hide in the corner with the bowl and a spoon, and hope no one finds you.
I originally made these cupcakes to take the teachers at school, but then our whole family came down with a nasty bug. So I was stuck with them at home, it was miserable 🙂
I would love it if you would head over to Pinterest and “like” or “repin” my picture. Super easy, if you have a Pinterest account there is no registration or anything, just hit the like button. You can repin to as many boards as you like! The first 10 people to email me at email@example.com to tell me they liked my picture will get a coupon in the mail for free Nestlé® Toll House® Morsels of your own!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Baking Cocoa
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbls milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup Nestlé® Toll House® Dark Chocolate Morsels , melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large measuring cup mix buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Pour buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, and mix until everything is well combined. Fold in the Nestlé® Toll House® Dark Chocolate Morsels. Using an ice cream scoop (about 1/4 cup), fill each muffin tin to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Remove from oven, and turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together the powdered sugar, milk, and both the extracts. It will be slightly thinner than frosting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and melted Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels. Add sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. You can add more milk or sugar to get your desired consistency.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, scoop 1 teaspoon of cake out of the center. Pour in some of the mint filing. Top with frosting.
**I was compensated by Nestle for this recipe. I was sent Nestlé® Toll House® Dark Chocolate Morsels as well as coupons to giveaway.