The other day I mentioned that I loved everyone sending me items for the bake sale, because there was some amazing things I missed. Well, this is another one. Une Gamine Dans La Cuisine gave me this one. Peanut Butter and Nutella together is just about heaven.
I actually adapted the peanut butter cookie part from For the Love of Cooking, because I wanted to do a gluten free version to give to a friend. I am new to gluten free baking, so I am starting easy. These peanut butter cookies were amazing. You would never know they were missing the flour, that is for sure. And the Nutella swirl? It just makes it that much better! We all know I have a slight obsession with Nutella as it is, so this was only natural.
The recipe makes about 20 cookies, which in my opinion is perfect. Just enough to get a taste and share, not so many left that you don’t know what to do with. Plus, they are super easy to put together. Just a bowl and a spatula, no mixer required. So you could be eating these in about 20 minutes! What are you doing still reading? Get in the kitchen and make these!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup sugar, , for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the Nutella. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add the Nutella, and stir gently. You want to incorporate it into the dough, but leave a definite swirl.
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Dip balls of dough in the sugar, and gently press down on the balls of dough to create the cross marks.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes. Cool slightly on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Adapted from Une Gamine dans la Cuisine
Amount Per Serving Calories 122Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 8mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.