My parents got here yesterday! They brought my Grandpa and are visiting for a few days. My 7 year old is more than thrilled to have them here, and have someone to play with him all of the time. Yesterday we went to a Colorado Rockies game, my 7 year olds first professional game. He was so excited to go, it didn’t matter who won, where we sat, or anything.
Hotdogs and burgers are the perfect ballgame food. I love a good burger, but I do like to change things up and do chicken or turkey sometimes. I haven’t made chicken burgers in forever! Not sure why, but they have never made an appearance on here before. I used to make different versions of them at least once a week, but for the last year they have just fallen off the map. After these, hopefully they will make their way back.
We like things spicy here, so this chipotle cream was the perfect topping. The burgers themselves have some heat too. They can be done on the outdoor grill before the summer ends, or with a grill pan on the stove works equally well. The leftover sauce would be great for chips, or on a turkey sandwich for lunch the next day. It has a great smokey, spicy flavor that works well with lots of things.
Don’t forget to check out the Giveaway for free Personalized Business Cards!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 Tbls cilantro , chopped
- 2 tsp chipotle in adobe
- 2 tsp grill seasoning
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 Tbls cilantro , chopped
- 1 Tbls fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbls chipotle in adobe
- Preheat grill to Medium to Medium-High heat.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the chicken burgers. Mix well, and shape into 4 patties. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all of the ingredients for the sauce. Stir until well combined.
- To serve, place chicken burger on a bun, and top with sauce.