These easy Rainbow Popsicles are make with 100% real fruit, a little water and the option to add in honey if you want. Super fun for all of your summer entertaining, and the kids will go crazy for them!
These popsicles are made with only fruit and a little bit of water, so they are the perfect healthy snack for the kids or fun treat for any get together you have! There is just something fun about a dessert with so many different colors, people will be very impressed and love that there is no guilt, since they are eating just fruit!
What You’ll Need
- Mixed Berries
You can use frozen, fresh, or even canned fruit, but I find that frozen works the best. If you have fresh fruit on hand, you can chop it up and place it in the freezer for about an hour before starting.
- Feel free to swap out different fruits for the different colors. If you like banana instead of pineapple, you can definitely use them. Or oranges instead of peaches. What you use is up to you, this is just a guide to help you get started!
- If you want your popsicles sweeter, add in a little bit of honey with the fruit when you blend it. You are adding water to make it smooth enough to pour into the molds, so adding honey to sweeten makes perfect sense.
How To Make Rainbow Popsicles
- Blend. In a blender puree the fruit, a little bit of water, and honey if using until smooth.
- Pour. Fill the mold with about 2 teaspoons of your fruit mixture. You can do more fruit, and less colors as well.
- Freeze. I like to freeze between each layer, so that you can see more of a definition of the colors. They tend to run together a little if you don’t. It is just personal preference. I let them set up for about 20 minutes, before moving on to the next layer.
- Repeat. Repeat this process until you have all the colors and fruits you are using. And let the popsicles set up in the freezer until they are completely solid; 6-8 hours.
Tips For Making Rainbow Popsicles
- Use a spoon to fill the molds. I have found that spooning the fruit mixture in is easier than trying to pour it in. You can control the amount and it makes less of a mess.
- If you want clear lines and definition in the colors, make sure to freeze between filling the layers. But if you aren’t picky, you can fill them all at once, they will still look fun and pretty, the colors will just bleed together a little more.
- If your fruit is not blending smooth enough, add more water.
- To remove popsicles from the mold, run them under warm water for about 30 seconds. This should loosen enough you can remove easily.
More Fun Summer Desserts
- Oreo Lasagna
- Snicker Salad
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Milkshakes
- Banana Cream Pie
- Watermelon Cupcakes
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 2 kiwis, peeled, diced and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- Starting with the strawberries, add strawberries and about 1/4 up of water to the blender. Puree until smooth. If desired add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Using a spoon, spoon te strawberry mixture into the base of each popsicle mold. You want about 2 teaspoons in the base of each, depending on the size of your molds.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes, and repeat with each of the following layers.
- Once you have topped off with mixed berries, insert your popsicle sticks, and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours, until they are completely frozen solid.
- Run molds under water for a few seconds to loosen, and serve.
If you want it sweeter add 1-2 teaspoons of honey or sweetener of choice to each of your fruit purees.
Amount Per Serving Calories 36Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 2mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!