Tuscan Chicken Recipe – a super easy, one pan chicken recipe. Tons of great flavors, healthy, and delicious!
I can’t believe it has been over 2 weeks since I wrote my last blog post. I have pretty much taken the last 2 weeks off to spend time with my family and relax over the holidays. It was amazing!! My in-laws were here for about a week, we went to see a couple movies, played games, watched football, ate lots of great food, and we celebrated my birthday!
Today is back to the grind for all of us. I have to say, I think I am actually ready to get back to work. I am rested, rejuvenated, and full of new ideas! I hope that you had a great Christmas and New Years and are ready to have a great 2016!
Eating better is pretty much the number one resolution across the board. So today I am here with an easy one pan chicken recipe to get your year started right. I am all for eating a little better at the start of the year, gotta get all those cookies out of your system 🙂 But for me, it has to be realistic. I can’t go from my normal diet to all veggies, all the time or some other extreme and expect it to stick.
So I am all about moderation and just making better choices. That is exactly what this Tuscan Chicken recipe is. It is a chicken breast with tons of flavor from the herbs in a tomato sauce. Nothing over the top, packed with veggies or super foods. But something you can eat any night of the week, feel good about, and stick to!
I teamed up with Gourmet Garden last year (check out my Sausage Tortellini Skillet recipe), and this is another recipe using their herbs. If you have not tried them, you are really missing out. I hate buying fresh herbs, because I never use them all and always end up throwing most of them away.
Gourmet Garden herbs come in a little tube (sold in the produce section of your grocery store), and last for a couple weeks in the fridge. They are super fresh and easy to use in just about any place you would normally use dried or fresh herbs. This Tuscan chicken recipe uses the garlic, Italian Herbs and Oregano – so much flavor with just a few herbs!
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
Sausage Tortellini Skillet
Chicken in Artichoke Pan Sauce
20 Minute Skillet Monterey Chicken by Mom on Timeout
Sirloin Steaks with Creamy Onion Sauce by Comfortably Domestic
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 cup onion , finely diced
- 3 tsp Gourmet Garden Garlic
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes , diced (or 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes)
- 2 tsp Gourmet Garden Oregano
- 2 Tsp Gourmet Garden Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan cheese , optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan, browning for 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add onion to the skillet, saute for 5 minute until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in tomatoes, oregano and Italian seasoning. Stir and cook for 5-10 minute until the tomatoes start to break down. Add chicken back to the pan. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Amount Per ServingCalories 275 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 103mg Sodium 408mg Carbohydrates 10g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 39g
** I am partnering with Gourmet Garden to bring you this recipe. I was compensated for my time to create the recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love, and make Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts possible.