Herb Pan Seared Shrimp – quick and easy sauteed shrimp in a herb and citrus marinade. Ready in minutes, and the whole family will love it!
We are finally getting back into a routine and back to normal life around here. Amazing how 2 weeks off can really mess with things. Bedtime is back to normal, real dinners are a thing again, and getting up early to get a jump on the day is back in place. I have to admit, I am a creature of habit, so I am happy to have it all back….even if a want to throw the alarm clock across the room when it goes off. Are you back into your routine? Do you have a new routine that involves going to the gym these days?
On Monday I gave you an easy Tuscan chicken dinner that is healthy and perfect for those resolutions. Today I am back with another one!! Herb Pan Seared Shrimp. This is a super quick and easy sauteed shrimp recipe that is ready in minutes.
The shrimp does marinate for 30 minutes, but you can start that and then fold laundry, help with homework, work on side dishes…whatever. Then you just saute the shrimp for 5 minutes it and it is time to eat. Plus it is super healthy! Tons of herbs and citrus give the shrimp a lot of flavor without adding calories or fat.
I made this pan seared shrimp the other night and my family devoured it. My son loved the extra marinade (set aside before you add the shrimp to it) as a dipping sauce. We even had enough extra that he put it on the quinoa with toasted walnuts we ate with it. Such a bright and fresh meal for the middle of winter.
Cilantro and parsley are super easy to find at any time. Both of my stores were out of fresh basil though, so I used Gourmet Garden Basil paste (about 2 Tbls of it). I am sure you could use a little dried basil in there too if that is all you had. No matter what you end up with a citrusy, flavor sauce that everyone will love.
Want more? Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner Recipes here and here are some more you might like:
One Pan Cajun Pasta
One Pan Macaroni and Cheese by Comfortably Domestic
Cheesy Kielbasa, Rice and Broccoli Skillet by Mom on Timeout
- 3 Tbls olive oil , divided
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (I used 2 Tbls basil paste)
- 2 green onions , finely chopped
- 1 orange , juiced
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds large/jumbo shrimp , peeled and devined
- In a food processor combine 2 Tbls olive oil and remaining ingredients for the marinade (up to the shrimp). Process until smooth.
- Set aside about 2 Tbls herb mixture. Pour the rest over the shrimp and stir to coat. Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tbls olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp to the pan, and cook for 3-5 minutes until pink and cooked through.
- Serve drizzled with the set aside herb mixture.
Adapted from Cooking Light