My son has started football practice. They have a fall and spring flag football season in our town, and he loves that he gets to play it twice a year. He has almost all the same kids on his team, and the same coaches, which is really nice. But now we have to worry about having practices during the the week, and games on the weekends. Sometimes just one game, sometimes two. I get used to the winter and having our weekends free. Not anymore, we go from football right into baseball, so we can have free weekends again at the end of July.
Obviously I am a fan of muffins, and a fan of chocolate. Chocolate Chip muffins are a huge favorite at our house. So I decided to take the Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins and twist it up a little to do a chocolate chip version. You all know that I think chocolate belongs in just about everything 🙂 I made these when we were having a family get together. It was kind of surprising how quickly these disappeared. Even those who don’t normally go for muffins were caught eating one of these.
Bakery style muffins are achieved by starting the muffins out at a high temperature in the oven. This gives them a higher lift than other muffins. It also lends itself to slightly fluffier and a more tender muffin. Back in the days before I had a kid, and worked outside of the house there was a place I would stop for a chocolate chip muffin once a week. It was always my special treat, and it was the best part of the week. Sometimes, in the winter I would even get a hot chocolate with whipped cream to go with it. Oh the days of a faster metabolism….. Anyway! These days I can make my own muffins, and they are so much better. Bakery style chocolate chip muffins remind me of my old favorite, but it has much more flavor and I can even more chocolate chips 🙂
Light and fluffy chocolate chip muffins like you would find at a bakery.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray or use liners.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together sugar and eggs until a pale yellow color. Add milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Slowly add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce oven to 375, and cook for 12-15 more minutes; or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Slightly adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction