I am back with the talented #SundaySupper team today. This week the focus is back to school. School is back in session here, so our nights are busy again. Football practice, homework, and just playing leave little time for anything else. It is times like this when you need quick and easy recipes to get dinner on the table. If you are out of ideas just wait – there are so many great ideas at the end of this post.
Quesadillas are a favorite at our house. And they are so versatile, you can use whatever you have in your fridge. Leftover Chicken? Perfect. Leftover Taco Meat? Great. Just cheese and a few veggies? That works too. Really it is just a tortilla with cheese and whatever else you want to put in. It doesn’t always have to be Mexican either. You could use breaded chicken, Mozzarella cheese, and dip it in marinara sauce. Or maybe chicken, carrots, onions, and dip it in a peanut satay sauce. They take minutes to prepare, and you can change it up to meet everyone’s tastes.
This version is one of my favorites. Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado are perfect together. I like it on a sandwich, and I love it in this quesadilla. You can use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken to get this meal on the table quickly. Just crisp up some bacon, dice and avocado and you are done. If you have fresh tomatoes they would be wonderful in here too. Serve with this Red Onion Salsa for a wonderful dinner for the whole family.
Quesadillas are a very versatile easy dinner to get on the table. This version is filled with crispy bacon, chicken, and buttery avocado. Great for busy school nights.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 tortillas, small fajita size
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- Preheat a griddle or a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray. Place on tortilla down. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, bacon, avocado, chicken, and then the rest of the cheese. Cover with the other tortilla. Cook for a few minutes until the cheese starts to melt and the tortilla starts to brown. Flip quesadilla over. Cook until cheese is completely melted, and tortilla is crispy. You can cover the pan to help melt the cheese if needed.
- Serve with salsa.
Adapted from Kevin & Amanda
Check out all of these other great ideas from the rest of my friends on the #SundaySupper team
- Greek Dogs by Supper For a Steal
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad by Magnolia Days
- Double Duty Fajita Chicken: Nachos Supreme and Enchiladas by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Zucchini, Corn and Bacon Crepes by Vintage Kitchen
- Oregon Shrimp Quesadillas by Pescetarian Journal
- Korean omelet rice by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Dillled Salmon Croquette Burgers by Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- Gluten Free Pepper Steak with Rice by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Crispy Ravioli in Cherry Tomato Sauce by Shockingly Delicious
- BLT Soup by Meal Planning Magic
- Korean Pan-Fried Fish by Kimchi Mom
- Stove top mac ‘n cheese by Gotta Get Baked
- Deconstructed Enchiladas by In the Kitchen with KP
- Croque Monsieurs by Juanita’s Cocina
- Summer Squash and Mushroom Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Seared Lamb on a bed of Mashed potatoes with Artichoke Hearts by Cooking Underwriter
- Garlicky Pasta with Swiss Chard and Beans by Webicurean
- Baked Spanish Tortilla by Happy Baking Days
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Pasta with Spinach and Beans by The Lemon Bowl
- Tomato Pie by My Catholic Kitchen
- Shredded Chicken in Peanut Sauce Tacos w/ Corn & Zucchini Sauté by GirliChef
- Tomatillo Chicken Stew by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Pollo a la Crema by La Cocina de Leslie
- Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos by Home Cooking Memories
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken with a Yogurt Dill sauce and a Greek Salad by Noshing with the Nolands
- Wagon Wheel Pasta with Pancetta & Peas by Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Lemon & Dill Shrimp Pasta w/ Oven Roast Corn by Mama, Mommy, Mom
- Ricotta – Tofu Tomato Toasts by Yummy Smells
- One Pot Spicy Asian Chicken and Rice by Hezzi D
- Turkey Italian Brown Rice Casserole by Momma’s Meals
- Flatbread Pizza with Cilantro Garlic Sauce by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Cashew Chicken Stir-fry by Diabetic Foodie
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Roasted Butternut Lo Mein by The Meltaways
- Potluck Casserole with Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Jerk Chicken Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Loaded Chicken and Steak Stuffed Potatoes by Big Bears Wife
- Steamed Tofu Serve with Fried Mix Vegetables by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Pasta with sausage and cherry tomatoes by Tora’s Real Food
- Chicken Ravioli with Peas and Bacon by Daddy Knows Less
- Quick N Easy Thai Coconut Shrimp Stir Fry by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Pizza with Hummus & Fresh Greens by Family Spice
- Speedy ‘n Spicy Shrimp Pasta by The Weekend Gourmet
- End of Summer Grilled Peach and Chicken Salad by Sustainable Dad
- Teriyaki Tuna Bowl by Family Foodie
- Weeknight Stir Fry by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Baked Egg with Mushrooms and Bacon by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Taco Bake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Fried Rice and Black Beans by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Ties by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pasta in Tomato sauce and turkey meatballs by Basic & Delicious
- Pasta Primavera by Midlife Road Trip
- Tots Your Tots Will Love by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day on Sunday. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about Back to School Meals and ways to make meal time easier!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’ll be sharing great recipes and tips all afternoon, and we’ll be talking all things Back to School Meals during our chat!
We’d also love to feature your Back to School Recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!