I feel like a bad and neglectful blogger! St. Patrick’s Day is on Saturday and I pretty much have nothing for you. I did make these cookies, but that is it!! My name might be Erin, but I am not sure that there is even an ounce of Irish blood in me or my husband. So sadly to say, St. Patrick’s Day kind of just passes us by. I always think one of these days I will pull it together and put on an Irish feast, but it hasn’t happened yet. Last year we were walking the streets of Wellington, New Zealand on St. Patrick’s Day. For some reason, it surprised me to see that even people all the way in New Zealand celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Not sure why, apparently my ignorance was showing, but I just assumed it was a European and American thing.
Anyway, I made cookies! They are in no way Irish, they just have clover sprinkles 🙂 They are super easy too; they start with a box mix!! I think this was my first time making cookies from a cake mix, and I was surprised how well they turned out. They were fudgy (not cakey at all), soft, and really good. I brought them to the teachers at my son’s school, and I think they went over well! You could use this recipe and roll in sprinkles for any holiday. Plus I think they were ready from start to finish in like 25 minutes. Anyway you can go from nothing to a fresh cookie in under 25 minutes is a win in my book.
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla (mint would be great for St. Patty's Day)
- sprinkles for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add everything (but the sprinkles) to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until well combined, may take a minute or two. Dump sprinkles onto a plate. Roll a tablespoon of dough into a ball, run it through the sprinkles. Place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet. Remove onto a wire rack to cool completely.