I think it has been shown that I have a major sweet tooth, and I am a huge fan of chocolate. My husband on the other hand is the complete opposite. He will definitely take dessert, but only every once in awhile, and NEVER chocolate. He would rather have chips and dip any day. This always poses a problem for me. What do I bake, and who can I give it to, because you know I don’t need to eat a whole pan of brownies.
I did find one dessert he really likes though….Blondies! I saw this recipe over at What’s Gabby Cooking, and knew I had to make them. My husband would like every part of them! Now, Gabby calls them something different. I had to change the name, because I have a 7 year old who wanted to know what he was eating. But if you want to call them what they really are they are Slutty Blondie Brownies. They are the Blondie version of Slutty Brownies. Completely genius, I mean why should chocolate get all the fun?
This was the last thing I baked when we lived in our apartment. I made them the day before we moved to thank
bribe our helpers. They have a layer of sugar cookie, a layer of Golden Oreo’s, and then topped with a layer of blondies. They are sweet, gooey, and over the top yummy! I had problems baking them. They looked done, I took them out to cool. A couple hours later I went to cut and take pictures, and they were completely raw! Like oozing out the side, liquidy raw. I decided to put them back in the oven to see if they would bake up. I did not think it would work, but it was this or throw them out. But it worked, they finished cooking, and you could never tell! Which was good, I had to feed our helpers, and everything was already packed.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 12 Golden Oreo's
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp of baking soda
- ½ cup cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8 inch baking pan with foil or spray with non-stick spray.
- First prepare the Sugar Cookie Layer. Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and egg, mix until combined. Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until fully incorporated. Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Top with the Golden Oreo's (3 rows of 4).
- Next prepare the Blondie Layer. Melt the butter. In a bowl combine the brown sugar and the melted butter. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla and egg. In a separate small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Using a spatula fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Once combined, fold in the white chocolate chips. Pour batter over the Oreo layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, a tester inserted should come out clean. Cool completely before serving.