The holidays are pretty much here. That means there is lots of cooking and baking going on all over the place. I am constantly running to the store because I forgot something on my list. I sure hope that I am not the only one like that! Today I am teaming up with Del Monte® to show you what a few pantry staples can do for the holidays. A well-stocked pantry can save a ton of time in this already crazy time of year.
I think a lot of times people focus on the meal for the big day, and forget about everything else. Lots of times you have guests that come and stay for a couple of nights. You have to feed those people, right? That is where this pork bruschetta comes in. With a little help from Del Monte® canned tomatoes you can have dinner on the table quickly, but it tastes like you spent forever in the kitchen. All it takes is a few pantry staples.
Having your pantry stocked with Del Monte® fruit and vegetables is like having a Garden in Your Pantry. Everything is picked and canned at the peak of freshness, so it really does taste like it is from the garden. I used two kinds of tomatoes for this bruschetta: a can of regular diced, and a can of diced with basil, garlic & oregano flavor. You really can use whatever combination you want for these. Just add in a little more oregano at the end if you choose two cans of the regular diced.
I am all about quick and easy dinners, even when you have guests. My family went crazy for this pork bruschetta; I have actually made it a few times now. Serve with a salad and some crusty bread for a quick dinner the night before the big day.
Breaded pork medallions served with a fresh tomato sauce and melted cheese.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, sliced 1/4 inch thick medallions
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes (plain or Basil, Garlic & Oregano)
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, process tomatoes until smooth. Set aside.
- Set up a breading station. One shallow bowl with flour (seasoned with salt & pepper). Another bowl with the eggs, beaten. And a third bowl with the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Working with a couple slices of pork at a time, dredge in the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, and garlic; saute for a few minutes until soft. Add the canned tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the oven, and place in the tomato sauce. Cover the medallions with cheese.
- Place back in the oven for a few minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
For the chance to win a $100 Crate & Barrel gift card, leave a comment telling me your favorite fruit or vegetable to stock in your pantry.
Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b:Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c: Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d: For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/18/2013-12/18/2013
Be sure to visit the Del Monte® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers reviews and find more chances to win!