It is getting to be that time of year. The time where we all need gift ideas for neighbors, teachers, caregivers, the mailman etc. It can be hard to come up with those little gifts each year. I am a firm believer that, if you put the time and effort into making something, it will be much more appreciated. So I would much rather bake someone cookies than buy them a gift card. Today Susan from The Wimpy Vegetarian is hosting the #SundaySupper “Holiday Gifts from the Kitchen” event.
We moved into our house over the summer. We live on a long cul-de-sac, and I have yet to meet all of our neighbors. I was thinking of baking mini loaves of bread this year, and delivering them around the block as a way of meeting everyone. The first time I saw this bread was at Love From The Oven, where she used applesauce and flax meal. Then I saw Budget Gourmet Mom had a version with Greek Yogurt, and I was sold.
This made 4 mini loaves, or 1 full sized loaf if you don’t feel like sharing. Pumpkin and Biscoff were pretty much made for each other. This isn’t the first time I have had the combination, and it won’t be the last. This bread is tender, and full of the great pumpkin flavor you love. I printed the recipe, and glued it to a colored piece of paper. I then used ribbons and a plastic gift bag to package it. All set for delivery! If you really liked your neighbors you could get ceramic mini loaf pans. I have seen them at Michael’s craft store for $1.99.
A lightened up version of Pumpkin Biscoff Bread. Great as neighbor or teacher gifts.
15 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare 1 loaf pan, or
- mini loaf pans with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, Biscoff and yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Stevia, salt, baking soda,
- ginger, flour, and whole wheat flour. Combine wet and dry
- ingredients, and beat until just combined. Spread into
- prepared pans. Bake for 1 hour (full plan), or 40 minutes (mini pans),
- or until a tester comes out clean.
Adapted from Budget Gourmet Mom
Check out this amazing selection of breads, drinks, condiments, snacks, and desserts that will be coming your way during our Holiday Gifts from the Kitchen Sunday Supper. From all of us to all of you.
HOLIDAY GIFTS FROM THE KITCHEN #SUNDAYSUPPER:
Breads / Breakfast
- Pumpkin Biscoff Bread – Dinners, Dishes, and Dessert
- All-in-One Beer Bread Kit – girlichef
- Banana Coconut Coffee Cake with Macadamia Nut Streusel – The Lovely Pantry
- Pancake Mix With Apple Cider Syrup and Candied Walnuts – Tora’s Real Food
- Cranberry Hootycreeks – Baker Street
Condiments / Ingredients
- Apple Butter – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Strawberry Jam – The Meltaways
- Herb Vinegars – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Harissa – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Homemade Vanilla Extract – Flour on my Face
- Homemade Cherry Extract – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Nutella Powder – I Run For Wine
- Apricot Pineapple Rum Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Spiced Cranberry Apricot Almond Chutney – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pumpkin Butter – Family Foodie
Soup and Snacks
- A Soup For You – Momma’s Meals
- Maple Nut Granola – Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Spicy Curried Nuts – Soni’s Food for Thought
- Roasted Spiced Nuts – Mrs Mama Hen
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans – Supper For a Steal
- Maple Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars – Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Orange Spiced Chickpeas – Home Cooking Memories
- Turtle Pretzels – The Messy Baker
- Rocky Road Candy – Magnolia Days
- Dairyfree Vegan Caramels – Galactosemia in PDX
- Peanut Butter Cookies in a Jar – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- M&M Cookies in a Jar – Damn Delicious
- Monster Cookie Mix in a Jar – What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Biscotti – Meal Planning Magic
- Snickerdoodle Snack Mix – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Butter and Jam Thumbprint Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Peppermint Stick Cookie Truffles – The Weekend Gourmet
- Nutella Truffles – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Cajetas (Peanut Fudge) – Basic and Delicious
- Cookie Cutter Fudge – Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Roll – Shockingly Delicious
- Homemade Chocolates – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate on a Stick – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate Toffee “Crack” – Ruffles and Truffles
- Holiday Tree Cake – Noshing with the Nolands
- Salted Caramel Cookies – Mama Mommy Mom
- Fruit and Nut Cookies – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Applepie Moonshine – My Catholic Kitchen
- Holiday Spiced Mocha – Daily Dish Recipes
- Homemade Peppermint Mocha Mix – In the Kitchen with KP
- Homemade Kahlua – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on November 11. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
We’d also love to feature your recipes for Holiday Gifts From the Kitchen on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.