We are headed for Wisconsin! Today is the last day of school. My 7 year old is done at noon, and then we are jumping in the car and driving to Wisconsin. Ok, so not all the way there today, but almost. It seems like forever since we have been to our parents house. I am very excited to spend a week there. My parents and my husband’s parents live across the street from each other. It is so nice with our son, that we can just go back and forth whenever we want. Makes going home super easy!
But before I go, and I have to show you this pizza. I found it on Bev Cooks a couple months ago, and was instantly drooling, and knew I had to make it. The recipe calls for Tandoori paste, which I had no idea existed. I found mine at Whole Foods, but I think Target might have it too. This stuff is amazing, it gives it a kick, and amazing flavor. There really isn’t much involved in this pizza, but it is super flavorful.
You can make this even easier by using store bought Naan bread. I love the homemade version that I have, so I made that instead. It makes a lot, so I always freeze a few of the balls of dough. Next time I make this pizza it will be that much faster 🙂 I knew my son wouldn’t go for this, he avoids anything spicy at all costs. So I made him just a normal plain cheese pizza on the Naan bread. He loved it! I usually make my Naan bread on an indoor grill pan, but the outdoor grill would be great now that it is summer.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts , diced
- 3 Tbls Greek plain yogurt
- 2 tsp Tandoori paste
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1/2 small onion , thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- cilantro , for garnish
- Naan Bread (homemade or store bought)
- In a resealable plastic bag mix yogurt and tandoori paste together. Add chicken, squish it around until everything is coated. Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet over a low heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion. Stirring often, allow the onions to become soft, golden brown and caramelized, about 30 minutes. Remove the onions, and set aside.
- Turn up the heat on the pan to medium-high, and add the chicken (including the marinade). Cook until the chicken is done, and some of the sauce reduces. Remove the chicken, and set aside.
- Lay the Naan bread on baking sheets. Spread the chicken over the bread, and top with the onions. Sprinkle on the cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese is melted. To serve sprinkle with cilantro.