So this was supposed to the week I was moving. Due to issues outside of our control that isn’t happening 🙁 But I already had great guest posters lined up, so I am going with it! This will give me much needed time to pack and get ready for the move.
Today I want to introduce you to Steph host of Steph’s Bite by Bite. She is always coming up with amazing recipes. She is a runner, and is currently training for a marathon. Totally jealous of the marathon part! So after you check out this quick and easy coffee cake, go tell Steph I said Hi!
Hi guys! I’m Steph from Steph’s Bite by Bite and I can’t tell you guys how excited I am to be guest posting today for Erin! I’ve been reading her blog for a long time now and am such a huge fan!
Sometimes I find that I’m hit with a huge craving for cake…it usually happens when I wake up (is that weird?). Unfortunately I can’t bake a cake at 5 AM, yes, that’s what time I wake up. So I had to find another way to get my fix!
Ever realize that cakes can be made in the microwave within minutes. I’m not lying to you!
And the best part is that it’s an individual serving, so there’s no, N-O, NOOOO sharing. I have a huge issue with sharing cake. I always think that some one is gonna get the bigger, better piece with all the frosting.
With this personal coffee cake I don’t have to worry about that. Hot, warm, gooey blueberries bursting at the seams, crumble topping, say hell-o to a perfect way to start your day!
All I have to worry about is the fact that these are so darn easy to make, that I have to fight myself to not make three in a row.
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 heaping teaspoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a coffee mug or cup soften 1/2 tablespoon of butter in microwave for 5 seconds. Then stir in the sugar and brown rice syrup, mixing well. Add in the applesauce, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt, stirring until just combined. Add in the blueberries and gently mix in to the batter.
- In a separate bowl, combine all streusel ingredients with your finger, working the butter in to a sandy like texture (I left a few clumps to have some streusel chunks). Pour topping over the cake batter.
- Cook cake in the microwave for 75 seconds. You don’t want to over cook the cake, but you want the top to be just set. Get your spoon ready and go to town!