Double Chocolate Chobani Muffins – Moist and tender double chocolate muffins made a little better for you with Greek yogurt!
Well, our flag football season is over. The boys had the playoffs on Sunday, and unfortunately did not win their game. They all improved so much this season, it is incredible. Too bad they can’t have a win on their record to show it. The coaches were great and had a picnic for everyone after the game. The boys had a great time just playing together during the picnic. My 7 year old is already planning his next season! I can’t help but share a few pics 🙂
Ok, you didn’t come here to see football pictures, on to the food! You all know that I love muffins. But traditionally they really are not good for you. Lately I have been trying to find ways to make them a little better for you. The double chocolate sounds bad, but then you put in a ton of Greek yogurt, and you have really helped with the health factor. These double chocolate chobani muffins still aren’t “health food”, but you can feel a little less guilty about eating these.
The yogurt gives them a wonderful little tang in the background. But they are still chocolately, super moist, and plenty sweet for breakfast. Next time I am going to try swapping out the oil for some applesauce, to try to make them just a little bit better! Double chocolate chobani muffins are great to have in the freezer for busy mornings. So think about making a double batch!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup Vanilla Chobani Yogurt, (nonfat)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with spray or liners.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine yogurt, eggs, vanilla and oil. Mix well.
- Pour yogurt mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Adapted from Knead to Cook
Amount Per ServingCalories 294 Total Fat 13g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 47mg Sodium 154mg Carbohydrates 31g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 20g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 5g