Diet Coke Brownies – A low fat brownie made with Diet Coke. For an added treat, I stirred in some butterscotch candy.
Brownies are by far my favorite dessert out there. They are just so darn good, and there are a million ways to mix them up and make them even better! Adding Girl Scout Cookies and making Thin Mint Brownies are just one the ways.
But let’s face it, eating brownies often is not good for you. So sometimes you need to find a way to make them just a little bit better for you.
What Are Diet Coke Brownies
This recipe has been around for years. Basically you cake a box brownie mix or even cake mix, and use a can of soda in place of any oil, eggs, or water called for in the recipe. It bakes up like a brownie, muffin or cake (depending on the mix you used), but there are obviously less calories and fat in them.
You can really use any can of soda. People often use a vanilla cake with a lemon lime soda or other fun combinations. Here I am using diet coke, which is calorie free, so it isn’t adding anything but the calories in the mix to the dessert.
How To Make Diet Coke Brownies
- In a bowl mix together the brownie mix and a can of diet coke until everything is incorporated. Do this carefully or the diet coke will foam up and make a mess.
- I had leftover Easter candy, so I added a few chocolate eggs to the mix. But you can skip that or mix in whatever else you like, just know that it will add calories and fat.
- Pour into your prepared 8 inch baking dish and bake.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing to serve.
Diet Coke Brownies have a very cake like consistency. They are extremely moist. So much so, that they are difficult to cut. I recommend refrigerating them to get them more solid, before slicing.
Without the added candy they are only 115 calories a serving, so they are much lower in calories than a traditional brownie.
More Decadent Brownie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
- Easy Homemade Brownies
- Homemade Brownie Mix
- Strawberry Brownies
- Grasshopper Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Brownie Skillet
- Lemon Brownies
- 1 box Betty Crocker Low Fat Brownie Mix
- 1 (12 oz) can Diet Coke
- 1/2 cup chopped Chocolate Coated Butterscotch candies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix brownie mix and Diet Coke together in a large bowl. Fold in the chocolate candy.
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 115Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 2mgSodium 22mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber .5gSugar 5gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!