Who needs Memorial Day to tell you summer is starting? It was 90 degrees here yesterday, I think summer has arrived. I am not sure I am ready for 90 degree temps, but I also don’t think I have much of a choice. I can turn to cold treats though!
Fudgsicles used to be one of my favorite frozen treats. For the most part I can take or leave popsicles. But there is something about a fudgsicle that just calls my name. It must be the chocolate 🙂 I have not actually had one in years, but a friend posted a link on facebook the other day, and I knew I needed to make them soon!
My son had off school the other day, so we made these together. They are ridiculously easy to do. I decided to mix in some crushed up Oreo’s, but those are entirely optional. I made ours “healthy”, so I used sugar free pudding mix, and skim milk. The fattier the milk you use, the creamier your fudgsicles will be. Although, even with my healthier choices, these were pretty darn good!
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding mix
- Milk (amount called for on the package)
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo's (optional)
- Prepare the pudding as directed on the package. Stir in the crushed Oreo's. Pour into popsicle molds, or paper cups (allow to set for a few minutes then insert a stick). Freeze.
- To unmold, run under warm water for 20-30 seconds. Made approx 8 small fudgsicles.
Adapted from Toys in the Dryer