Loaded Chicken Casserole – Loaded baked potatoes turned into a chicken casserole for comfort food any night of the week.
I hope that you had a wonderful long weekend. We spent time with friends, relaxed, went hiking, went for a bike ride, got work done around the house, and of course ate some great food! We smoked some baby back ribs, and they were super tender and amazing. I can not wait for another excuse to make them again. Too bad it is now September and fall is right around the corner. So it will probably be awhile before they happen again.
Have you see Express Lane Cooking yet? It was on QVC and sold out very quickly. My friend Shawn from I Wash…You Dry is the author of this book, and I have to tell you she did a great job! The concept of the book is each recipe has 5 main ingredients. Then she uses those 5 main ingredients in 3 different ways. Brilliant, right? Now you aren’t always stuck eating the same thing, because you have chicken, bacon, and broccoli; you have 3 different dinners you can make! Loaded Chicken Casserole one night, Grilled Chicken with Loaded Smashed Potatoes another night, and Cheesy Potato Crusted Chicken the next. No getting bored!
I had a really hard time deciding what to make first. My 10 year old paged through the book more times than I could count, making requests. Whenever I would ask him what we should plan for dinner, he would pick up Express Lane Cooking and ask if we had certain ingredients in the house. Finally, we decided Loaded Chicken Casserole was the winner. It is a take on loaded baked potatoes, turned into a chicken casserole. Great comfort food! Tortilla soup is up next, just waiting for it to cool down a little.
Want to win your own copy of Express Lane Cooking? Enter in the widget below the recipe. One winner will be sent a their own copy, and they can get cooking too!
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large bowl mix together diced potatoes with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a 13x9 inch baking dish, and spread into a single layer. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile toss together diced chicken, broccoli, the remaining olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper.
- After the potatoes have baked for 35 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. Add the chicken mixture, and mix until everything is well combined. Place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is mostly cooked and the potatoes are tender.
- Top with the shredded cheese and sprinkle the bacon evenly over the top. Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve with sour cream and green onions if desired.
Slightly adapted from Express Lane Cooking
Amount Per Serving Calories 580Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 113mgSodium 589mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 6gSugar 3gProtein 41g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Express Lane Cooking