Sometimes you see a recipe and you immediately get into the kitchen and make it, no matter what. This was one of those times. I am not sure how I found the recipe for these cookies, but the second I saw them I had to make them. I wanted to bring something to our friends for the weekend, so it was the perfect excuse (not sure I was going to need an excuse, but it was a good one). I had bought a bottle of Malted Milk Powder awhile ago, because I was thinking of making something with it, so I even had what I needed in the house. It was Fate, I tell you! Or tell myself, to justify it. Whatever works.
These cookies were so good! Fresh out of the oven, down right amazing! Even after they were cool, the center was soft and chewy. You really do have to be careful not too bake them to long. The instructions of slightly under baking are key. My last tray came out a little more done that I had intended. Still good, but crispy and just not the same.
Do yourself a favor, go make these now. They really are one of the best cookies I have had in awhile.
- 1 cup Crisco, , butter flavored
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Malted Milk Powder
- 2 Tbls Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Tbls Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, (I only had chips)
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl combine Crisco, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup, and vanilla. Mix very well. Add the egg. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the dough gradually, mixing well after each addition. Using a spatula mix in chocolate chunks and chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 2 inch balls. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 8 - 12 minutes (11 minutes was perfect for my oven). The Middle will be slightly underdone and still puffy when you take them out of the oven. Allow to cool slightly then remove from tray, and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from Pinch of Yum
Amount Per ServingCalories 182 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 20mg Sodium 127mg Carbohydrates 24g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 17g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g