Sometimes you see a recipe and you immediately get into the kitchen and make it, no matter what. This was one of those times. I am not sure how I found the recipe for these cookies, but the second I saw them I had to make them. I wanted to bring something to our friends for the weekend, so it was the perfect excuse (not sure I was going to need an excuse, but it was a good one). I had bought a bottle of Malted Milk Powder awhile ago, because I was thinking of making something with it, so I even had what I needed in the house. It was Fate, I tell you! Or tell myself, to justify it. Whatever works.
These cookies were so good! Fresh out of the oven, down right amazing! Even after they were cool, the center was soft and chewy. You really do have to be careful not too bake them to long. The instructions of slightly under baking are key. My last tray came out a little more done that I had intended. Still good, but crispy and just not the same.
Do yourself a favor, go make these now. They really are one of the best cookies I have had in awhile.
Malted Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thick and chewy malt chocolate cookies that are loaded with 2 kinds chocolate.
- 1 cup Crisco, , butter flavored
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Malted Milk Powder
- 2 Tbls Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Tbls Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, (I only had chips)
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl combine Crisco, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup, and vanilla. Mix very well. Add the egg. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the dough gradually, mixing well after each addition. Using a spatula mix in chocolate chunks and chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 2 inch balls. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 8 - 12 minutes (11 minutes was perfect for my oven). The Middle will be slightly underdone and still puffy when you take them out of the oven. Allow to cool slightly then remove from tray, and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from Pinch of Yum
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 20mgSodium 127mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 2g
- Special K Bars - March 27, 2023
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Sammi Richardson says
These cookies look delicious! I love chocolate chip cookies. I work for Kamut International. I bet these cookies would be equally as tasty if made with Kamut wheat flour.
Thank you for sharing!
Sandra's Easy Cooking says
I should avoid your blog..:))) well not really but girl those cookies..ahh they look amazing! I took a little pause since they are making my mouth water, and craving for something really sweet! Well done!!!
oooh, I have a jar of malt powder in the pantry and am wondering like crazy how to use it again. I just ran out of cookies too… coincidence? I think not. 😉
Jen @ Juanita's Cocina says
I got my package of these in the mail today. Which I promptly tore open and devoured one or five.
OMG. I’m not even a chocolate fan and these are simply DIVINE!!! Thanks Erin. These are FAB!!!
So glad you liked them!!!