I am so excited to share this new program with Kraft Foods that I am a part of. Kraft has a new product line out called Kraft Fresh Take. You may have seen it in the cheese case at your grocery store. Kraft Fresh Take is a cheese and seasoned breadcrumb mixture, and it is a busy cooks dream. I was given the Spicy Chipotle Cheddar variety for my challenge.
I was challenged to come up with 3 original recipes using Spicy Chipotle Cheddar. The first recipe was to be made in a skillet, incorporate whole wheat, and could double as breakfast/brunch. This french toast is what I came up with, and it is incredible. I made this with my mother-in-law when she was here a couple weeks ago, and we both loved it. It came together in about 15 minutes, and it is highly adaptable to what your family likes. I topped with a fluffly scrambled egg, but if you like a fried egg than go for it!
The cheese and breadcrumb mixture gave a crunch and flavorful crust to the french toast. The chipotle gave it a little kick, which was great with the eggs. If you wanted to do this for a brunch you could set out a buffet, so everyone could pick there own toppings.
Make sure to follow along on Twitter with #KraftFreshTake for other great ideas. Stay tuned because I have 2 more great recipes coming, and a wonderful giveaway in a couple weeks!
- 4 slices thick cut whole grain bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package Kraft Fresh Take Spicy Chipotle Cheddar
- 4 eggs , cooked as desired
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbls sour cream
- green onions , chopped for garnish
- Preheat griddle or large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Beat together the milk and eggs.
- Mix together the Kraft Fresh Take cheese and breadcrumbs. Place it in a shallow bowl or plate for dipping.
- Dip bread in egg mixture. Then press into the cheese mixture.
- Put bread onto a hot griddle, and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove and top with eggs, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and green onion to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 300mgSodium 519mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 18g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.