Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins – gluten free muffins made in the blender! So easy, healthy, and yummy! No butter, oil, or flour!
Are any of you as sick of homework as I am? As a kid, I never thought of homework being hard on my mom. But wow, it is just as much work for me as it is for my 8 year old. Getting him to sit down and actually do it. Making sure that he writes his best, and it isn’t a mess.
Helping him come up with ideas for a book report project. Practicing spelling words, filling out the planner with how many minutes he read and did math facts. If I am hating homework in 3rd grade, I don’t even want to know what it is going to be like when he is older.
As for my homework, I think I found the coolest way to make muffins. In the blender! Instead of all-purpose flour these banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins use oats. You put all the oats and the other ingredients to the blender, and let it whirl away until it is smooth.
This method wouldn’t work with normal, all-purpose flour based muffins. If you over mix those, they get tough. But because of the oats, it works beautifully here! Because of the oats, these happen to be gluten-free! Not all oats are gluten free, so check the container if you are trying to avoid gluten. I recently make a chocolate version that has become my favorites – Chococolate Oatmeal Banana Blender Muffins
And because I can not leave well enough alone, I added chocolate chips. This part was a little harder to do with the blender. The chocolate chips did not get evenly mixed throughout all of the batter, as you can see by this muffin I cut in half for you. Loaded with chocolate chips, some of the others….not so much! So I do suggest if you are going to add chocolate chips you pour the batter into another bowl, and stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
These banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins are pretty darn healthy without the chocolate chips, so if you are trying to lighten things up you can leave out the chocolate, or maybe just sprinkle a couple on the top before baking. Either way, they are delicious and freeze really well! Great for those busy mornings.
Want more muffins? Check out the 50 Muffins that have been shared here before, all in one place.
Orange Creamsicle Muffins by Your Homebased Mom
Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Blender Muffins
Whole Wheat Apple Butter Muffins
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins by Oh, Sweet Basil
Quick and easy gluten free banana muffins you can make in the blender. No oil either!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray (the batter tends to stick to liners when there is not oil in them).
- Add oats, yogurt, eggs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and bananas to a blender. Mix until smooth.
- If you are using chocolate chips, pour batter into a bowl. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Slightly adapted from Nothing if Not Intentional
More Muffins Recipes:
More Muffins Recipes You Might Like:
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins by Some the Wiser
- Oatmeal Spice Muffins by Five Heart Home
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins by Bake. Eat. Repeat
- Monkey Bread Muffins by Butter with a Side of Bread
Products used in this recipe:
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.