Today I leave for NYC. Nothing like leaving the house at 6am for a full day of traveling and being a tourist to get you excited. I had a hard time sleeping last night, I was so excited. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to NYC. When I was younger my parents always said that it was too dangerous, so they wouldn’t take me there. Now as an adult, my husband isn’t a fan of big cities. So this is my chance. Unfortunately I don’t have much time. I keep telling my husband when I turn 40, if he hasn’t taken me there, then I am going with a group of friends. Now at least I will have a better idea of what I want to see when I come back 🙂
There are a few things that make a regular appearance around here and in my kitchen. Chocolate and Carbs are two of them. We love our pasta and bread around here. And biscuits are one of my huge weaknesses. So I decided to turn one of my favorites into a cheesy, garlicky, bite sized pan of deliciousness! I think most people have heard of monkey bread; basically little balls of dough coated in cinnamon and sugar and baked in a gooey sugar sauce. This is a savory take on that, that you can eat any night of the week!
Instead of coating the biscuits in cinnamon and sugar, I coated them in garlic powder, onion powder, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle in a healthy dose of Mozzarella cheese as well. The bread bakes up puffy and golden, then you can just pull apart little bites of goodness. Super quick for a busy weeknight, and something the entire family is going to go crazy for.
Pillsbury Biscuits make for a quick and easy cheesy, garlicky, side dish for any night of the week
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 tube Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbls Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Pop open the tub of biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 4-6 pieces.
- Melt butter. Mix all of the seasonings in with the melted butter.
- Toss the cut up biscuits in the melted butter mixture.
- Place a layer of biscuits in the bottom of your prepared pan. Sprinkle a layer of Mozzarella cheese. Continue layering until you used up all the dough.
- Bake or 12-14 minute until puffed up and golden brown.