Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole – Turn twice baked potatoes into an easy cheesy potato casserole that will be sure to please. Loaded with garlic, cheese, and bacon!
I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is next week already. There is so much to do! I haven’t started grocery shopping yet, have you? My parents get here on Saturday, so my mom will help me get that part organized. Which is good, because I can not manage to make a complete grocery list and then get everything on the list. Ever!
I think it is complete, I cross stuff off with a pen, but something is always missed. It is amazing that people still let me host get togethers. It is a good thing I always have a well stocked pantry, so we can usually make do. But you would think I could have this down by now.
So what is on your Thanksgiving menu? Are you having turkey? Or are you going non-traditional with a Glazed Ham? I am sure you have potatoes on there, right? Well….it is time to mix those up and make this loaded twice baked potato casserole. It takes your mashed potatoes to a whole new level, that everyone will be thankful for.
Garlic, cheese, bacon…..pretty sure you can never go wrong with those ingredients.
These cheesy potatoes are even pretty quick to make. I chopped and boiled the potatoes until they were tender. Then just mashed them in the pot, and mixed in the ingredients. It does take up oven space to finish baking them, but only 25 minutes, so you can put them in right at the end. And they reheat really well, so if you are going to someones house, you can assemble them until the point of baking. Then you can bake at your destination, and they will be super creamy, cheesy, and delicious!
Plus, if you show up with a pan full of loaded twice baked potato casserole, I am pretty sure people will find oven space for you!
I am partnering with Jones Dairy Farm to bring you this over the top cheesy potato side dish. Bacon always makes everything better, and Jones Dairy Farm bacon is no exception. I used the Cherrywood Smoked Bacon, so there was tons of great smoky flavor.
I mixed bacon in the loaded twice baked potato casserole, as well as sprinkling some on top. So you can be sure to get bacon in every bite! So dress up your holidays, or even your weekends, or your Mondays for that matter with this loaded twice baked potato casserole. I will be the side dish that everyone will ask for over and over again.
Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole - Turn twice baked potatoes into an easy cheesy potato casserole that will be sure to please. Loaded with garlic, cheese, and bacon!
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, mostly peeled and chopped into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 5 Tbls butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 - 1 cup heavy cream or milk (amount depends on how creamy you like it)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Jones Dairy Cherrywood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbls salt (approximately, adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- Add potatoes and garlic to a large pot. Fill with water, so the potatoes are completely covered. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash potatoes. Sir in butter, sour cream, and heavy cream. Mash further if necessary to get to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese, and bacon (reserve some for the topping).
- Pour into 13x9 in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and reserved bacon. Bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
**I have an ongoing relationship with Jones Dairy Farm for recipe development. I was compensated for my time to develop this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love, and that make Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts possible.