No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie – an easy no bake pie that is like a giant homemade peanut butter cup!
Did you know that 1 in 5 children in America live in households without consistent access to adequate food. That fact is astonishing to me. We live in one of the richest countries in the world, and yet 20% of the kids in this country don’t get enough food to eat. It seems like it should be something that we could fix, and fix quickly. Today I am partnering with Albertsons/Safeway grocery stores to help raise awareness and you how you can help through Hunger Is!
Albertsons/Safeway currently has the “Hunger Is” campaign going on. There are 2 ways that you can participate in Hunger Is, and help fight childhood hunger. The first is to donate actually cash. When you check out at your local Albertsons or Safeway (at participating locations), you will be asked if you would like to donate. All of the money raised will be distributed to local food banks in the community.
The other way is through brand partnerships. You will notice that certain products have the Hunger Is label on them. Buying those products earns a meal. Every designated product purchased supports “Hunger Is”, helping to connect hungry kids with healthy food. So many of the brands you already use are involved; Con Agra, Coke, Unilever, Kellogg’s and Campbell’s.
I went to my local Safeway to pick up a few ingredients to make this no bake peanut butter cup pie. Not only was I asked if I wanted to donate to Hunger Is, I also was earning a meal with my purchase.
As a food blogger I always have so much food around me. We never eat it all, but I always make sure to give it to someone who can enjoy it. I think I need to be better and seek out actual organizations that could use it, instead of just friends. But I try really hard to never just throw stuff away. After hearing the shocking 1 in 5 American kids go hungry, it really makes you think about your own habits.
So head to your Albertsons or Safeway today and see how you can help. Pick up an extra few items from participating brands, help feed a few more kids, and then you can make this no bake peanut butter cup pie! I mean, just look at it. It is like a giant homemade peanut butter cup in pie form.
No bake desserts are always a favorite of mine to make, and this no bake peanut butter cup pie is no exception. Creamy whipped cream, thick peanut butter and a crunchy chocolate crust. What is not to love?! No Bake Oreo Cheesecake is another favorite of our family that uses the same crust recipe!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Pie - an easy no bake pie that is like a giant homemade peanut butter cup!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 package original Oreo's
- 5 Tbls butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cool whip
- 1 1/2 cup cool whip
- 1 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
- Using a food processor grind the Oreo's into fine crumbs. Mix with the melted butter. Press firmly into a 9 inch spring form pan or pie plate. Set in the freezer while you work on the filling.
- In a bowl mix together peanut butter, sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Press into prepared pie crust.
- In a separate bowl whisk together pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Fold in cool whip. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour or until set.
- Spread remaining cool whip over the top of the pie. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour before slicing.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway . The opinions and text are all mine.