It is Sunday, you know what that means! Time for the #SundaySupper Labor Day edition. Today we are having a cookout, and I brought these perfect Strawberry Cream Squares. Every cookout needs dessert, and an end of the summer cookout needs Strawberries!!
My husband sent me a link to this recipe with “Yum” as the only words in the email. I took that as a hint. This is completely his kind of a dessert. Strawberries, whipped cream, and no chocolate to be seen. It is the perfect light and creamy dessert for the end of summer. I made this with fresh strawberries, but you could easily do frozen. You could even change up the fruit to whatever your favorite is; blueberries, raspberries, bananas etc.
I hope you have a great Labor Day, and enjoy the time with family and friends. I am not sure I am ready for fall weather yet or not, but it is coming. Enjoy the last bits of summer that are here.
Light and creamy, and perfect for the end of summer. Fresh Strawberries are wonderful in this dessert.
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 8 graham cracker sheets, crushed
- 3 Tbls butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 (3.4 oz) vanilla flavored instant pudding (I used sugar free)
- 1 3/4 cup cold milk (I used skim milk)
- Mix the crushed graham crackers and the butter together. Press (reserve 1 Tbls of crumbs) into the bottom of an 8 in square baking pan. Place the refrigerator to harden while you prepare the filling.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar together until well combined. Fold in the strawberries. Spread evenly on top of the graham cracker layer.
- Combine the milk and the pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set. Remove and spread with layer of whipped cream. Sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumbs over the top. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours to completely set.
Adapted from Kraft
Join us this week around the family table for our Labor Day Cookout #SundaySupper and we will share with you our favorite cookout recipes . We hope to inspire you with these fabulous recipes from our talented contributors. We will be sharing them all day long and would love for you to share your favorite cookout recipes during our #SundaySupper live chat at 7pm ET.
Labor Day Cookout Recipes:
Starters & Snacks
- Lobster Salad with Avocado, Corn and Tomatoes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Spread by Magnolia Days
- Toast Topper #8: Tomato Confit for #SundaySupper by Yummy Smells
- Honey BBQ Wings and Cool Ranch by Big Bears Wife
- Finger Lickin’ Chicken Drumettes by Noshing with the Nolands
- Baked Shrimp and Pasta Caprese by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Korean chili by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Newfangled Cowtown White Chicken Chili by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Kimchi Mom
- Smoked Pork Butt (A How-To) from Juanita’s Cocina
- Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs by The Messy Baker Blog
- Stuffed Green Chili con Queso Cheeseburger Sliders by Damn Delicious
- Adana kebab by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Portabello Paninis by The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Bloody Mary Skirt Steak by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Tuna and Roasted Pepper Packets by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Mint Marinated Beef Kabobs with Garlic Sauce by Sustainable Dad
- Creamy Latin Style Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Portuguese Style Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Aromatic Glazed Salmon by Happy Baking Days
- Pork sliders by Basic ‘N Delicious
- Foil Packet Chicken by In the Kitchen with Audrey
Salads & Sides
- Mom’s Savory Pork’n’Beans by Webicurean
- Ranch Potato Salad by My Catholic Kitchen
- Gluten Free Penne hot salad with basil, asparagus, cherry tomatoes fresh mozzarella and chicken with a mustard vineagarete for #SundaySupper by Cooking Underwriter
- Southern Surprise Potato Salad by Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- #SundaySupper Marinated Ginger Chicken & Spinach Salad by Kwistin’s Favorites
- Roasted Potato & Corn Salad w/ Bacon by GirliChef
- Vegan Caprese Salad by Galactosemia in PDX
- Picnic Friendly Grilled Vegetable Salad by Mama Mommy Mom
- Smokin Hot Caribbean Spiced Corn-On-The-Cob by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Potato salad with Stilton and bacon by Tora’s Real Food
- Tomato Feta Orzo Salad by Family Foodie
- lightened lemon pound cake by The Meltaways
- Root Beer Float Cupcakes by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cream Squares by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Fresh Mango Pie by La Cocina De Leslie
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Lemon Blondies by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Blueberry Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake by Baker Street
- Strawberry Pie + White Sangria by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Grilled Banana Splits by Diabetic Foodie
- Easy Desserts: Frozen Chocolate Bananas by Home Cooking Memories
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake by Comfy Cuisine
- Blueberry Lemon Whoopie Pies for a Holiday Cookout #SundaySupper by In the Kitchen with KP
- Labor Day Cookout Food And Wine Pairings by ENOFYLZ
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!
We’d also love to feature your Cookout recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!