We are in the last few days of August. Hard to believe how fast the summer flew by. This weekend my husband and I celebrate 13 years of marriage. We actually have a friend who is going to watch our 9 year old so we can go out! Not sure what we are doing yet, but I am excited for a night out, it seems like it has been FOREVER! This weekend we also have friends from Iowa that will be in town. It has been over a year since we have seen them, so I am super excited for their visit. Hopefully the weather stays nice, so we can enjoy lots of time outside.
Have you planned your Labor Day menu yet? You might want to leave a couple spots open if you haven’t. This bacon, corn, & avocado pasta would make a great side dish! I also have one killer burger coming up this week that you do not want to miss! Fresh summer corn is still around, so take advantage of it, and make this pasta. You can even cut the kernels off the cob, and freeze it for later in the year. My garden is also over flowing with tomatoes, and so are all of the farmer’s markets. This pasta is so simple, that all the fresh ingredients really shine through.
We ate this avocado pasta as a main dish, but it would be great as a side dish served warm or cold. Bacon, corn, & avocado pasta comes together in just a few minutes. In the time it takes to crisp up the bacon, you can have the pasta cooking, and chopping up the veggies. Then you just throw it all together, and it is done! For the leftovers, I drizzled on a little bit of olive oil to make it creamy again.
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (about 3 large ears) corn kernels
- 2 large avocados
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crispy, remove to a paper towel to drain. Reserve 1 Tbls of bacon drippings. Crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Meanwhile slice grape tomatoes in half, and dice the avocado.
- Add corn to the remaining 1 Tbls of bacon drippings, and heat over medium high heat. Stir frequently until corn is lightly browned. Add tomatoes, and cook for another minute.
- In a large bowl toss together pasta, corn mixture, crumbled bacon, and avocado. Mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 580Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 56mgSodium 1101mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 11gSugar 4gProtein 27g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.