I think I have made it pretty clear that I am a big fan of Biscoff. Anything from cupcakes, to bars, to cookies, to pie I am all over it. So when Maria from Two Peas & Their Pod posted a recipe for granola bars with Biscoff Spread, I knew I needed to make them. I love making granola bars at home, so ones with Biscoff seemed like a no brainer.
I made these while my son was at school, so he could have one for an after school snack. I had to sneak one before he got home, just to make sure they were good enough for him, of course. Ok. I knew these would be good, but wow! They have chocolate chips, biscoff cookies, and biscoff spread, I mean can you get any better!
My son was such a fan he wanted these in his lunch instead of a cookie. These were gone in no time. They aren’t the most healthy granola bars out there, but they are homemade, so you know what is in there. Plus, plenty of oats make for a whole grain snack. So they are way better than a brownie or a cookie.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/3 cup Biscoff Cookies, , roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, (mini work better, but I didn't have any)
- Line an 8 inch square baking dish is foil or parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, honey, and Biscoff spread. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until it beings to bubble. Once it starts bubbling, cook for 2 minutes, stirring the entire time.
- Turn off the heat, and add in the vanilla. Add the oats, Rice Krispies, and Biscoff Cookies. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Press the oat mixture evenly into the pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top, and gently press them into the bars. Place in the fridge for 45 minutes, before cutting.
- Store in an air tight container. I stored mine in the fridge, and just let them come to room temperature before eating.
Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
Serving Size12 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 209 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 12mg Sodium 78mg Carbohydrates 30g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 15g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g