Bruschetta Chicken Pasta – an easy chicken and pasta recipe loaded with lots of tomatoes, seasoned chicken, and topped with Parmesan cheese. Easy to make and ready quickly for any night of the week.
I think I might have a new favorite dinner. Pretty much all the chicken and pasta recipes are what I am craving lately. Tuscan Chicken Pasta has mushrooms which I love in just about any form.
Creamy Chicken Pasta is made with no butter or cream, so less guilt. And if you can have an easy pasta dinner without the guilt, you know it is a good day.
I may have had a couple helpings of this bruschetta chicken pasta the first time I made it. It was just so good, it was hard to stay away from. And it only has a handful of ingredients, so it is super easy to make too!
What gives this bruschetta chicken pasta all the flavor? Pesto! I have a huge weakness for pesto – Italian Stuffed Chicken is just 1 example. You can make your own, or you can buy it. Either way, it is delicious. If you have any leftover, make sure to try Italian Turkey Cutlets.
For chicken and pasta recipes that I make, I like to dice the chicken into bite sized pieces ahead of time. One key is to make sure you season the chicken with salt and pepper before cooking. Chicken can be really bland on its own, so you want to make sure you season it!
Another key – don’t over cook the chicken. Chicken becomes dry and rubbery really fast. If you use chicken breasts that is. So I like to cook the chicken until just cooked, then remove from the pan to keep warm. Once the sauce and pasta is ready, you can just heat everything for a couple minutes to make sure it is hot. But you aren’t cooking the chicken any further, which is key.
You could easily add red peppers, or mushrooms, or other vegetables to this chicken pasta. But I like to serve with a salad on the side and let the pasta and sauce have the spotlight.
Cheesy Garlic Bread would make a great side dish as well. Because what goes better with pasta than more carbs, right? This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake goes a totally different direction with the flavors, but looks amazing. And this Steak Fajita Pasta is definitely on my list to try as well!
- 1 pound pasta, short cut (penne, rigatoni etc)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pesto
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil to the pan, swirling to coat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned and just cooked through. Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add pesto and heat for another 5-6 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
- Mix in cooked pasta and chicken, stirring until everything is well coated. Heat for 2-3 minutes until everything is hot.
- Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Recipe adapted from Diethood
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 505Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 74mgSodium 353mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 34g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.