Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe – Get dinner on the table fast with this super easy chicken pasta, that you don’t even have to feel guilty about eating! No butter or heavy cream!
Everyone is always trying to eat a little better. But who wants to give up flavor and their favorite foods? Not me! I may want to eat less calories and keep my diet in check, but I still want pasta. And honestly, I still want rich and creamy pasta. Tuscan Chicken Pasta sounds good to me.
As much as I love Honey Dijon Chicken, there are only so many nights of just chicken for dinner I can take. I like to mix things in, make a creamy sauce, or add pasta. Or sometimes, do all of that at once, for an easy dinner. And make it something you don’t have to feel guilty about.
What’s In Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Spaghetti or other pasta
- Chicken Breasts
- All-Purpose Flour
- Olive Oil
- Cream Cheese
- Skim Milk
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
Usually when you have a creamy pasta, you have heavy cream and/or butter involved. But not this time! This white sauce for pasta is made with skim milk, no butter, and just a little bit of cream cheese. You can even use 1/3 less fat cream cheese! Season with salt, pepper, and a little bit of Italian seasoning, and you have something that is delicious for the whole family.
My favorite white sauce for pasta is this Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce, but that one is a little heavy to eat very often. So this white chicken pasta is great because you can have any night of the week.
How To Make Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to the package directions. You can use any pasta you want here, I like something long like spaghetti to toss with the sauce.
- Toss chicken pieces with flour until well coated. And then cook them in a large skillet with a little oil until they are lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, just until you can start to smell it.
- Stir in cream cheese and milk and mix until it is nice and smooth and the cheese is melted.
- Next add in the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken, and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Mix in cooked spaghetti until it is all nice and coated by the sauce.
- Stir in the bacon and it is ready to serve.
This pasta would be great to add in veggies as well. Add in cooked broccoli, bell peppers or even mushrooms would be a great idea!
What To Serve With Chicken Pasta
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Baja Shrimp Tacos
- Instant Pot Ribs
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
- Baked Cod
- Chicken Stroganoff
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe
Creamy Chicken Pasta
Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipe - Get dinner on the table fast with this super easy chicken pasta, that you don't even have to feel guilty about eating! No butter or heavy cream!
- 12 ounces Dry Spaghetti
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Toss chicken pieces with flour until well coated.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in cream cheese and milk until smooth and cheese is melted.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken, and the chicken is fully cooked. Mix in cooked spaghetti, tossing to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 476Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 92mgSodium 618mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 36g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Special K Bars - March 27, 2023
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Jamielyn Nye says
This is my kind of pasta! Love how easy it looks! YUM!
Loving all that creamy deliciousness!
Looks like the perfect weeknight meal! So creamy and delicious!
Andre I Bestreviewofproduct says
I love the richness and creaminess of this pasta! Good use of ingredients – less fat cream cheese, not too heavy cream and no butter. Perfect meal for calorie-conscious pasta lovers 🙂
Jacque Hastert says
Loving a good creamy pasta dish!
Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling says
My kids would devour this in a heartbeat!
I love a good pasta dish that is so easy to throw together!
I love how creamy is this pasta dish!
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
This looks fabulous, and love that it’s not loaded with cream (not that there’s anything wrong with that)! Nice!
Sandra | A Dash of Sanity says
This looks so good! I would love to try this for dinner tonight!
This has been added to our weekly rotation of meals. It was so easy to make and we could not get enough of it!
Amanda Livesay says
Love the simple ingredient list! And it’s so delicious!
katerina @ diethood.com says
YUM! I love how creamy and delicious this is! The perfect weeknight meal!
Beti | easyweeknightrecipes says
This looks absolutely amazing! My family would LOVE It!
My family and I love this recipe! It’s so delicious and tasty! I can’t wait to give this recipe a try!
Pasta is always a favorite in our house! We need make it for dinner tonight!
I’ve made this chicken pasta and my family loved it! It’s super creamy!
My kids loved this sauce!
I cannot wait to make this for my family, it looks fantastic!
So creamy and delicious, fantastic dinner my whole family loved
This quickly became a favorite meal at my house!
This was such a huge hit here and was so delicious! My son ate this so fast and so did my hubby! I’ll be making this recipe again!
This meal quickly became a favorite at my house!!
Amanda Livesay says
My kids love this pasta! And I love how easy it is!