We finally had the first night of flag football practice for my 6 year old last night. The last two practices were cancelled, so he has been counting down the days to this practice for weeks. I swear, it was like counting down to Christmas. I am glad he is so excited about this, but I am a little nervous. He wants to be so good at sports, and talks about when he plays college football for the Badgers what he will be like. But school is his thing, he is smart, a great reader and picks up new concepts easily. I am just not sure he can be good at both, and am worried he will be disappointed. I really, really hope I am wrong!! Either way, we will be there cheering him on, and signing him up if he wants to play more.
So, about these bars. Have you seen them around? Jenny over at Picky Palate posted the recipe about a month ago. They were all over Pinterest, I just HAD to make them. We had friends over a couple weeks ago, so it seemed like a great excuse to try the recipe. I doubled the recipe, because I was making it for 8 people, and thought there should be a few leftovers 🙂
These were everything I hoped they would be. I slightly under baked them (highly recommend that), so they had the nice soft gooey center. Which was amazing when I put a leftover bar in the microwave for 10 seconds, and it came out tasting like it was fresh from the oven. These freeze great too. I always put baked goods in the freezer, and then take out one in the morning to pack in my son’s lunch.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 12 Oreo , crushed
- 25 Cookies and Cream Hershey’s Kisses , unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8 inch baking dish with foil, and spray with non stick spray.
- In an electric mixer bowl, combine butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat for at least 2 minutes, until it is light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips, and Oreo's pieces.
- Press 1/3 of the dough into the prepared baking dish. Place 5 rows of Hershey's Kisses onto of the dough. Gently press the remaining cookie dough over the top of the Kisses. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Recipe from Picky Palate