What a great weekend! We went to Dinosaur National Monument, which is about 5 1/2 hours from where we live. It was a lot of driving, but it was lots of fun. We did a few hikes, went swimming, and got to see tons of dinosaur fossils. It is a very unique place. No where else that I know of can you see so many fossils in one place, in their original position. They have not completely excavated them, so you see them in the side of the rock like they were discovered.
Now that we are back from our mini vacation it is time to think about Easter. It really snuck up on me, I did not realize it is this coming weekend already! The Easter Bunny better get his act together.
I made these cupcakes last week, and they are super simple to put together. It is hardly a recipe. I just made two of them using the Cupcakes for Two recipe, but you could make your favorite cupcake recipe, or even a box mix! I really wish I could bring treats into my sons class, because I think the kids would get a kick out of these.
- Cupcakes, (Cupcake for Two recipe here)
- Vanilla Frosting, (Recipe here)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 drops green food coloring
- candy for decoration
- Pull-Apart Twizzlers or pipe cleaner for handle
- Frost cupcakes as desired, trying to leave a well in the center. In a small bowl, put 2 drops of food coloring in the bottom. Add coconut, and toss to coat. Spoon green coconut into the center of cupcake. Pile in a couple pieces of candy. Bend the licorice (the handle) into place. Put in the fridge to harden, so the handle stays in one place.
Amount Per Serving Calories 346Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 8mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 2gSugar 41gProtein 2g