Gingerbread Cheesecake Muffins – the perfect muffin for the holidays! All of those warm and cozy classic gingerbread spices, in a moist and tender muffin with a cream cheese layer in the center.
This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
My love of muffins should come as no surprise to anyone who has visited here before. With well over 50 Muffin Recipes on the site already, there is literally something for everyone. When it comes to the holidays my family is all about that gingerbread flavor. It can be Gingerbread Men Cookies or Gingerbread Pancakes.
It really doesn’t matter the form, those warm and cozy spices and that molasses flavor is a must this time. of year.
Click HERE to get the full recipe
I have a couple muffin recipes that incorporate a cream cheese/cheesecake like filling. These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins and Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins were my inspiration for creating a holiday version.
You have a super tender and delicious gingerbread muffin, that would honestly be great on its own. But then you take it to a whole new level, by adding that cheesecake layer.
What You’ll Need
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Cloves
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Plain Yogurt
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
What Kind Of Molasses Do I Use
You want to use dark, unsulphured molasses. Do not use blackstrap. This Original Grandma’s Molasses is the one I always use for baking.
How To Make Gingerbread Cheesecake Muffins
Click HERE to get the full recipe instructions.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and egg for the cheesecake layer. You want it nice and smooth. Just set aside until you are ready to fill the muffin cups.
- In a bowl combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and all of the spices), whisk until they are well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the melted butter, molasses, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk until well combined and smooth.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until they are just combined. Stir in the yogurt until it is incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups with 1-2 Tablespoons of gingerbread muffin batter. Top with 1 Tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture, and then top with an additional 1-2 Tablespoons of muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until they spring back on the top or when a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove and let them cool for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Gingerbread Muffin Tips
- You will want to work quickly. The muffin batter with thicken quickly with the yogurt in the batter. So have your oven hot, muffin tin prepared, and cheesecake filling ready before you mix the wet and dry ingredients together. It is ok that it is thick, it is just a little harder to work with.
- Use muffin liners. Unless you are super careful when filling the muffin cups, some of the cheesecake layer will come out the sides of the muffin. That it fully expected, but if you just grease your muffin cups, it is harder to get the muffins out cleanly. Using the liners just makes it a lot easier to deal with these.
- You can use any plain yogurt you want. Dairy free, Greek yogurt, or just traditional – they will all work. It just helps to keep the muffins moist and tender.
- The best way to know when muffins are done baking is to lightly press on the top. They will spring back when they are fully cooked. You can also use a toothpick that you insert into the middle. If it comes out mostly clean (crumbs are perfectly fine, just not batter), then they are done.
Storing Gingerbread Cheesecake Muffins
Because of the cream cheese in these muffins, you will want to store them in the fridge. Put them in an airtight container for 4-5 days. They are best served at room temperature though, so just take them out 20-30 minutes before you are going to enjoy them.
Can You Freeze Gingerbread Cheesecake Muffins
Absolutely! I have yet to find a muffin that doesn’t freeze well, so my freezer is always stocked. Put the muffins in an airtight container or a freezer safe plastic bag. They will last in the freezer for 3-4 months. You can just let them sit on the counter to thaw, or you can microwave them for about 45 seconds per muffin.
More Fun Holiday Breakfast Recipes
- Eggnog French Toast
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Eggnog Muffins
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Sourdough French Toast
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Cinnamon Scones
- Monkey Bread Muffins
I am sharing this recipe over at Imperial Sugar today. Click on Gingerbread Cheesecake Muffins to get the FULL recipe.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!