What would you do with $500 at Amazon? My wish list is about a mile long there, so I would go crazy! Well, today you can enter to win a $500 gift card from Amazon. How you use it is up to you. You can buy Christmas presents for family and friends, or you buy a few things for yourself. I promise I won’t tell!
Do you know what you are having for breakfast on Christmas yet? When I was growing up we always had French toast. When I started to have Christmas with just my husband and son, we started having cinnamon rolls. This year my in-laws will be here on Christmas morning, and I have no idea what we are going to do. I like to do something easy, that I can do mainly ahead of time, because I don’t want to spend time in the kitchen when my 8 year old wants to be opening his presents! I am thinking these gingerbread pancakes might the solution.
To make gingerbread pancakes super easy for Christmas morning, you can mix all of the dry ingredients together the night before. Then the morning of, you only have to mix together buttermilk, and egg, and molasses. It really doesn’t get much quicker. You could even stir in a few chocolate chips. I might have done that with part of the batter. Top you pancakes with maple syrup and a little whipped cream to make them extra special!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice, cloves, and cinnamon. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl beat egg, vanilla and molasses together. Slowly mix in buttermilk until completely combined.
- Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour until mostly combined. A few lumps are fine.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray. Using 1/4 cup scoop drop batter into skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once bubbles start to form on the surface and the edges are set you know it is time to flip.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 293Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 50mgSodium 534mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 2gSugar 20gProtein 10g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Thanks to the great blogs for sponsoring this giveaway!