Turn your favorite cozy and warm drink into this fun and easy Hot Chocolate Dip that is perfect for snacking, a quick dessert and perfect for entertaining!
Hot Chocolate is the classic warm and cozy drink of winter. Kids love it, Peppermint Hot Chocolate is a fun version for them. And adults love it, and you can even make it just for the grown ups with Kahlua Hot Chocolate. This dip is an easy, 5 minute recipe that is perfect for snacking, you can serve as a dessert, and it is a great addition to any holiday get together.
Why You’ll Love This Hot Chocolate Dip
- Easy – this just takes a handful of ingredients that you mix together and that is it. A easy dessert that doesn’t involve an oven or cooking on the stove at all.
- Mix Up The Dippers – You can use strawberries, apples or other fruit. You can use graham crackers or cookies. Really, just about anything goes and you can serve it slightly different every time!
- Fun – hot chocolate in dip form is just fun. Kids will love it and the adults will be impressed by it and load up their plate. Just a fun treat for everyone.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Cream Cheese
- Butter – I always use unsalted
- Marshmallow Cream
- Hot Chocolate Mix – whatever your favorite brand is
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Chocolate Chips
How To Make Hot Chocolate Dip
- Cream Together. You can use an electric stand mixer, hand mixer, or just a spatula to beat together the butter and cream cheese until well combined.
- Mix. Add in the marshmallow cream, hot chocolate mix, and powdered sugar. Mix everything together until it is smooth and well blended.
- Vanilla. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Mix-Ins. Stir in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed. If you are making ahead, I like to leave these out until I am ready to serve, or they tend to get sticky and change the texture.
- Garnish. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and then top with your favorite hot chocolate garnishes. I like mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and crushed peppermint candy. But you can go crazy!
I have seen other recipes that call for Cool Whip, or you could use my Homemade Stabilized Whipped Cream if you didn’t want the store bought stuff.
Absolutely, If you aren’t a big fan of marshmallows or marshmallows in your hot chocolate, leave them out. You will just have a creamy dip without the added bits in there. Definitely a great option.
What To Serve With Hot Chocolate Dip
You can get really creative with what you serve a dessert dip with. Similar to Cookie Dough Dip and Brownie Batter Dip both sweet and salty options are great!
- Graham Crackers
- Nila Wafers
- Oreo Cookies
- Apple Slices
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
- Make It Ahead. This is a great dip to make ahead and have ready and waiting for you in the fridge. If you do make it ahead, wait to stir in the marshmallows until the end and top with any garnishes at the end. The marshmallows will just get soggy and change the texture of everything if you let them sit for too long.
- Get Creative. This recipe is rather basic, so get creative with your flavors if you want. Use peppermint extract or maybe coffee extract to give it different flavors. Stir in crushed candy canes for a different texture. So many different things to dip in it, you can never get bored!
- Softened Cream Cheese. Make sure your cream cheese is soft, so you really can blend it together well. You do not necessarily need a mixer to make this, but if your cream cheese is not super soft, you may prefer to mix it with a mixer to get it really smooth and well combined.
- Marshmallow Cream. Did you know you can make your own Marshmallow Fluff? So easy, and so much better than the jarred stuff from the store. It would work really well in this dip recipe.
Fridge – this will last in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the fridge. You may want to give it a quick stir when you take it out to serve the leftovers.
Freezer – technically you can freezer this dip. If you do, I highly recommend not adding the mini marshmallows. But beware, when you do thaw it, depending on the brand of ingredients use, and the moisture content, it may be a little grainy.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Cake Mix Brownies
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cobbler
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Peppermint French Silk Pie
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1/3 cup hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Peppermint Candy
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until well blended. You can use an electric mixer to make it faster and easier.
- Stir in marshmallow creme, hot chocolate mix, and powdered sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Fold in mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with marshmallows, chocolate chips and peppermint candy as desired.
Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
See notes in the post for all sort of dipper ideas
Amount Per Serving Calories 235Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 15mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 2g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!