Busy mornings just got easier with Air Fryer French Toast. Perfectly crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and full of flavor.
I love a good, hearty, and delicious breakfast. But it isn’t something you always have the time for. Well this Air Fryer French Toast is ready in 10 minutes, and is so easy to make. Now, let’s get this out of the way….is this the best way if you are feeding a large family and just 1 air fryer. No! But do you get absolutely perfect French Toast every time. Yes! If you have kids who eat in shifts before school, this is perfect! If you live in a small apartment and don’t have a ton of space, this works great! If you are used to use just one skillet on the stovetop, this version just might make your life easier!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer French Toast
- Easy – Just a few ingredients is all you need to make the egg mixture, and then just dip and let the air fryer do the work!
- Fast – 10 minutes and you are eating!
- Little Clean Up – depending on what you normally cook French Toast in, just cleaning an air fryer can be so much easier. Not multiple skillets or an awkward griddle to clean up.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Bread – you can use thick cut Texas Toast, Brioche or even Sourdough, whatever bread you have and like works great!
- Vanilla Extract
When I have leftover sourdough, Sourdough French Toast is my favorite to make. This is just a quick and easy air fryer version!
How To Make Air Fryer French Toast
- Preheat. Preheat you air fryer to 370ºF. This should take 3-4 minutes, so prep everything else while this is heating up.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until everything is well combined.
- Once the air fryer is hot, spray the basket with cooking spray. Dip 1 slice of bread into the egg mixture, flip to make sure it is fully coated. Gently shake off any excess and place in the air fryer. Repeat until you have a single layer, make sure they don’t overlap.
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes (it will depend on how thick your bread is).
- Remove the French Toast and serve with your favorite syrup and fruit.
French Toast Toppings
- Fruit. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or even sliced bananas work great over French toast.
- Syrup. Use your favorite maple syrup or this Strawberry Syrup is a great idea if you have strawberries to use up.
- Powdered Sugar. A dusting of powdered sugar makes you feel like you are at your favorite diner.
If you have leftovers don’t worry! This will store great in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can make a big batch on the weekend and have it on hand for quick breakfasts during the week. Reheat in the airfryer for 3-4 minutes to warm through. Or you can microwave slices to warm them up as well.
Freezing. Yep, you can freeze leftover french toast. Once it cools completely, arrange slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place in the freezer for a couple hours until they are frozen. Remove and place slices in a freezer safe bag. To reheat from frozen you can heat in the air fryer at 400º for 3 minutes, flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
More Fun Air Fryer Recipes
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Air Fryer Nachos
- Bacon in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tacos
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Quesadilla
- 12 slices thick but bread
- 4 whole large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat air fryer to 370º F.
- Meanwhile beat together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon until well combined.
- Once air fryer is hot, spray the basket with non-stick spray.
- Dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture. Gently shake off the excess. Place in the air fryer. Repeat until you have a full single layer of bread.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bread.
- Remove and serve with your favorite fruit and syrup.
Amount Per Serving Calories 117Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 63mgSodium 183mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!