This Crispy Chicken Sandwich is kind of like a homemade McChicken sandwich made in the air fryer. Super easy to make, ready in no time, and the perfect quick weeknight meal!
Crispy Chicken Sandwiches seem to be all the rage lately at just about every restaurant chain out there. This one is a little different because it uses ground chicken. I find that the ground chicken works really well in a home environment, because you don’t have to worry about getting it cooked all the way through. Plus is just cooks so much faster; 10 minutes and this is done. And because it uses ground chicken is is almost like a homemade McDonald Crispy McChicken Sandwich.
Why You’ll Love This Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Fast – these cook in 10 minutes in the air fryer, so you can have dinner on the table in about 15 minutes, which can’t be beat on a busy night.
- Low Fat – Ground chicken is a very lean meat, and there is no fat added to this recipe. They are SUPER crispy from the air fryer, but a very healthy, lower calorie, low fat sandwich.
- Easy – just a few basic ingredients and the spices you probably have on hand already. You can really pick up the ingredients at any store or have in the pantry for when you want to make these.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Ground Chicken
- Yellow Mustard
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Hamburger Buns
How To Make Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Sandwiches
- Make patties. In a mixing bowl combine ground chicken with mustard and all of the spices. Mix until everything is really well combined. Divide into 4 equal portions, and shape into a burger like patty.
- Coat patties. In a plastic bag or using a food processor smash cornflakes to make into small crumbs. Place in a shallow bowl and press each chicken patty into the crumbs to evenly coat.
- Cook. Spray both sides of the chicken with olive oil spray and cook for 5 minutes each side.
- Serve. Remove the crispy chicken from the air fryer, place on a bun, and top as desired.
Crispy Chicken Sandwich Toppings
This is where you can get creative and add whatever you like! If you are craving the McChicken from McDonald’s, I would suggest shredded lettuce and mayo. But if you want to take it up a few levels, here are a few ideas.
- Garlic Aioli
- Canes Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
What To Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich
One of the things I like most about these chicken sandwiches is how easy they are to just cook 1 or all 4 at the same time. Even if you are only cooking 1, coat all of the chicken patties in the cornflakes. Then just cover any uncooked chicken and place in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can remove and cook as directed to have a fresh chicken sandwich in minutes.
If you have leftover cooked chicken, store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat you can use the airfryer at a lower temperature (350º F) for 5-6 minutes, so that you can get the middle warm, without burning the outside.
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Air Fryer Eggs
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Quesadilla
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil Spray
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a mixing bowl add ground chicken, mustard, and the remaining spices. Mix until very well combined.
- Divide the chicken into 4 equal sized portions. Shape into 4 burger like patties.
- In a plastic bag or food processor smash cornflake into crumbs and pour into a shallow bowl.
- Coat each chicken patty evenly in the cornflake crumbs, making sure it is completely coated.
- Spray each side with olive oil spray and place in air fryer.
- Cook at 380º F for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve on a bun with your desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 376Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 121mgSodium 938mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 32g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!