Air Fryer Hot Dogs – make some of the best hot dogs ever in under 8 minutes in the air fryer! These are so easy, crispy, juicy, toasted bun perfection!
One thing I love about summer is a good grilled hot dog. But I don’t want to fire up the grill for hot dogs once it is at all cold out. By the time the grill is hot and you cook the hot dogs, it is almost 30 minutes later. So the air fryer is an amazing short-cut!
You can cook hot dogs in the air fryer in 8 minutes. And that includes a toasted bun. It is true hot dog perfection in no time.
I will be the first to admit, I was skeptical of the air fryer when it first came out, and I was a very slow adopter of it. But now that I have it, I am obsessed with trying new things in it. It is for way more than just heating Air Fryer Pizza Rolls and getting frozen food crispy.
These hot dogs take just minutes, and you get that crispy skin that you look for in a hot dog. I am all for boiling a hot do to get it warm and serving it for a quick meal. But this makes them so much better without any extra work.
What You’ll Need
- Hot Dogs – use your favorite good quality hot dogs
- Toppings – ketchup, mustard, onions, relish etc.
How To Make Hot Dogs In Air Fryer
- I like the slit the hot dogs about 4 times with a sharp knife. This allows more of the hot dog to get nice and crispy without drying them out.
- Arrange hot dogs in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook at 400º for 6 minutes.
- Place cooked hot dogs in buns and place back in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400º for 2 more minutes. Just enough time for the bun to get toasted.
- Remove and top as desired.
To make this recipe I used a Cosori 5.8 Qt Air Fryer. It is big enough that you can fit plenty of food in, and the basket comes out so you can easily shake, stir, or flip whatever you are making.
What To Serve With Hot Dogs
- The slits in the hot dogs are optional. I think that it gives the hot dogs more texture and makes them crispier.
- If you prefer a soft bun that is not toasted, you can just cook the hot dogs for 8 minutes and serve them on the bun without adding them to the air fryer.
- Go crazy with the toppings. Ketchup, mustard, onions, relish, sauerkraut; whatever you normally put on a hot dog you can add to these.
- You do not need to preheat your air fryer or add any oil to the hot dogs. There is enough fat in the hot dogs themselves to make them crispy.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Sausage
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dogs buns
- Remove the hot dogs from the package and use a sharp knife to make 4 slits across the hot dogs.
- Arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Set at 400º and cook for 6 minutes.
- Place hot dogs in buns and put back into the air fryer basket. Cook at 400º for 2 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and top with desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving Calories 299Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 28mgSodium 669mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 11g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!