Air Fryer Sausage – Using your air fryer is one of the easiest ways to get perfectly crisp outside and juicy in the middle sausage every time. It takes just minutes and comes out delicious every time!
When most people think of using their air fryer, they think of using it to make foods that are normally deep fried, like Air Fryer Onion Rings. But it does such a good job on more than that!
Air Fryer Chicken Breast is one of my favorite ways to cook chicken and have it stay super juicy and tender. So why not try sausage that you really do want to have that crispy outside and juicy center.
Cooking sausage in the air fryer is the easiest and most hands-off way to cook sausage. Most of the time we cook sausage on the grill. It can be Brats, links of Italian sausage as shown in these pictures, or any other variety you like. But when you grill them, you have to keep an eye on them, and turn them often.
Sausage is usually high in fat, so if any of the fat breaks through the casing you can end up with big flames when you are grilling so you have to stay close while they cook. But using the air fryer, you just set the time and let them go.
How To Cook Sausage In Air Fryer
- Arrange sausage in a single layer in your air fryer basket or trays.
- Set air fryer to 390º F and cook for 12 minutes.
Seriously, it is that easy! You can use this method for cooking just about type of sausage that you want. It is a great technique for brats, kielbasa, Italian sausage, or any other type of sausage you enjoy. It can be chicken, pork, beef, lamb….you name it. The recipe works the same for them all. You want them to be crisp on the outside and juicy in the middle.
How Long Do You Cook Sausages In An Air Fryer
At 390º F it will take 12 minutes to cook sausages in the air fryer. The cook time will be the same if you are using pre-cooked or uncooked sausage. You want to get them to 160º F on the inside so that you know they are cooked through and safe to eat.
The time can be shorter if you are using a smaller sausage. This is for your average thickness. If you are doing something that is thinner and close to a hotdog size, I would start with 8 minutes and test to see if they are hot and done.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Sausage
We like to eat sausages on their own with a vegetable or potatoes on the side. But there are lots of ways you can serve them and use in other recipes as well.
While the sausage cooks you could sauté peppers and onions together and serve it all together or put it on a bun to make a sandwich. It would be great to add to a pasta dish like this Balsamic Pasta or mix in with this Spanish Rice Skillet.
- Because sausage is usually high in fat, as it cooks some of the fat will come out and can make your air fryer smoke. I have not had this problem, but have heard of people who have. One way to stop this is to put a piece of parchment paper below the grates where the fat would drip. That way it isn’t falling directly on the metal and should cut down on the smoking.
- You may have seen some recipes that say to pierce the skin of the sausage before cooking it. DO NOT PIERCE THE SKIN. All this does is cause more fat to drip out, a bigger mess is being made, and your sausage is drying out. You want the sausage to stay nice and juicy, so don’t do this.
- It isn’t necessary to flip the sausage while it is cooking. You can check it half way and flip if you want, but this isn’t necessary.
- Start with sausage that is thawed. It will not cook evenly if you start from frozen, so plan ahead and make sure the sausage is thawed when you start.
- There is no need to preheat the air fryer before you start cooking the sausages.
More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Cookies
- 4 sausage links
- Arrange sausage in a single layer in air fryer basket or tray.
- Cook at 390º F for 12 minutes.
- Serve as desired.
Time may vary depending on the size of your sausage. For a smaller sausage check after 8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 43mgSodium 557mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 14g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!