Linguine with Mussels
Linguine with Mussels – a super easy mussels recipe that mixes pasta and steamed mussels with shallots, butter and plenty of garlic! Simple, easy, and delicious.
This post is sponsored by Dreamfields. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I am back with another pasta recipe this week!! Did you see the Tuscan Chicken Pasta that I shared on Monday? If not, head over after you see this recipe. It is part of the Deamfields #HealthyPastaMonth series. Last year I made a Blackened Shrimp Pasta that you might not want to miss either.
This week theme is Minimalism – because less is more in terms of tasty ingredients. Recipes that just have a few quality ingredients, are simple, yet tasty and delicious. And this creamy Tuscan chicken pasta fits that perfectly!
Each week all month long Dreamfields has been having a different theme to celebrate Healthy Pasta Month. This week theme is Minimalism – because less is more in terms of tasty ingredients. Recipes that just have a few quality ingredients, are simple, yet tasty and delicious.
I love cooking with Dreamfields pasta, because it is an easy way to eat a little better, and still have the food that we love. Dreamfields has the taste and al dente texture of traditional pasta, yet each one cup cooked serving of pasta has 5 grams of fiber (20% of the daily recommended intake) and 7 grams of plant protein. So you no longer have to feel guilty about having that bowl of pasta for dinner.
For my 1st minimalist recipe I decided to take my classic steamed mussels and mix it with linguine. Knowing how to cook mussels is a good skill to have.
- Make sure your mussels are clean. You want to wash them, and remove the “beard” if it has one (hair that is sticking out of the shell.
- All of your mussels should be closed. If you tap on them and they remain open, discard and do not eat.
- Once you steam the mussels they should fully open. If they do not open, discard and do not eat.
Linguine with mussels is a great mussels recipe that you can make for date night, when you have guests over, or just for a quick weeknight meal. My guys love mussels, and they are actually relatively inexpensive to buy, so it is a dinner my family enjoys often.
To top off Healthy Pasta Month, Dreamfields has an awesome GIVEAWAY as well! They are giving away Wusthof 18-piece Gourmet Cutlery Set and a Dreamfields Family Pack. There are TWO winners, so be sure to head on over and enter!
Keep checking the Dreamfields #HealthyPastaMonth calendar for daily surprises
- 1 box (13.25 oz) Dreamfields Linguine
- 2 pounds fresh mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1 whole shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook linguine pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter to melt. Mix in shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes until soften.
- Pour in wine and chicken stock and simmer for a minute.
- Add mussels to the pan, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 7-10 minutes until the mussels open and are heated through.
- Toss cooked pasta with the mussels. Garnish with parsley to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 551Saturated Fat 4gCholesterol 50mgSodium 477mgCarbohydrates 78gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 27g