Mint Chocolate Poke Cake – moist chocolate cake covered with hot fudge, chocolate pudding and then topped with mint whipped cream. A chocolate and mint dream come true!
Tomorrow my little guy turns 10 years old. Double digits!! That is kind of a big deal. I can’t even believe that he is that old already. On a weekly and monthly basis time seems to go by quickly, but then you have kids. The kids get older, and all of the sudden they are real people. It just a few years he will be in high school, driving, and even dating. I can’t take it. He needs to stop growing up so quickly! I have heard of families doing special trips and things when their child turns 10. Neither my husband or I grew up with anything like that, so I don’t know that we are. But if you have traditions, leave a comment below, I might change my mind!
Poke Cakes. Have you had them? Have you made them? They are incredible easy, and one of the best things ever. If you have never made one, make this the one you try. It starts with a box cake mix, and then you just dress it up. For this mint version I used Ande’s baking chips as well as chopped up a few of the full mints. I wanted lots of mint and chocolate flavor. I made this mint chocolate poke cake for the ladies at my cooking club, and they raved about it. Everyone brought home multiple pieces to share (or so they said) with their families.
If you don’t know what a poke cake is, it is really simple. You bake a cake according to the package directions. Then you take it out of the oven and poke holes all over the top. You can use a knife, fork, handle of a wooden spoon, or whatever you have. Then for this one, you pour hot fudge and chocolate pudding over the top. It gets into the all the holes you poked, and makes the cake incredible moist and full of favor. Then it is topped with a mint flavored whipped cream. So decadent, rich and good. This is the first poke cake I have on the blog, but I am guarantee it will not be the last.
Mint Chocolate Poke Cake
Mint Chocolate Poke Cake - moist chocolate cake covered with hot fudge, chocolate pudding and then topped with mint whipped cream. A chocolate and mint dream come true!
- 1 chocolate cake mix, (including the ingredients on the box)
- 1 12.8 oz jar of hot fudge
- 1 cup Andes mint baking chips
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- green food coloring, (optional)
- 1 cup andes mint chopped candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Prepare cake per the package instructions. Pour into prepared dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Heat the hot fudge for 30 seconds, until relative smooth. Pour over the cake while hot. Sprinkle mint baking chips over the top. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl mix together pudding mix and 2 cups of milk for 2 minutes. Pour over cooled cake. Place in fridge and let stand for about an hour.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks. Slowly add sugar and mint extract. Beat until stiff peaks. Add food coloring, if using, and stir until combined.
- Spread whipped topping over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with Chopped candies.
- Store in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving Calories 319Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 35mgSodium 143mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 5g
Want even more Mint and Chocolate Recipes?
Be sure to browse through my Recipe Index for even more Dessert ideas. Follow along on Pinterest where I am always pinning new recipes.
- Chocolate Protein Balls - May 31, 2023
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
- Bisquick Muffins - May 29, 2023
Sunday 23rd of December 2018
How do you know when the cake is cooled d so I can add the pudding
Monday 24th of December 2018
When it is cool to the touch you can add the pudding.
Thursday 10th of November 2016
This look so good!
Tuesday 28th of April 2015
NO ONE has to poke me in order to get me to eat THAT CAKE!!
Tuesday 28th of April 2015
This is a dream come true! I love everything that has to do with mint and chocolate. And that chocolate hot fudge is so incredible. The cake looks so moist. It really is delish!
Sunday 26th of April 2015
Mint and chocolate.. love that combination!