What a great day with my husband yesterday. We went to Denver, walked around a few different shopping areas. Two of them were outside, and it was really hot. We walked by Sur Le Table, but it was closed! A Wednesday afternoon at 3:00, and they had their doors locked. Not a happy girl! We had dinner at a wonderful steak place, and then went to see a show. My husband is not a fan of musicals, or plays, but I enjoy them. Jersey Boys was in town, so that is what we saw. It was wonderful. The 4 Seasons were way before my time, but I know a lot of their songs from my dad playing them when I was growing up. The story was very interesting, and they did a fantastic job with the music. If you get a chance, I highly recommend it. Even my husband walked away relatively pleased with the performance (and that says a lot)!
I made these bars a few weeks ago. My husband was going to help a friend move, so I sent along some fuel. I figured a bunch of guys lifting heavy boxes and couches needed something to keep them going. Boy was I right! My husband brought the container home empty, so I am pretty sure everyone appreciated them.
Everyone knows that peanut butter and chocolate is a winning combination. And anything with S’mores is good too. So, why not put peanut butter in with the S’mores? Seems like the next natural progression. Lucky for you they don’t involve a campfire or an even an oven. Perfect treat to make on one of those hot days when you don’t want to heat up the house. Which pretty much means any day of the week around here!
These are very similar to the Peanut Butter Bars I made awhile ago. Kind of like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup combined with a S’more. Trust me, they are addicting. They are best kept in the fridge. If I have enough willpower I like to let it sit for about 5 minutes at room temperature before I eat it. But, that doesn’t always happen 🙂
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (about 8 sheets)
- 3 Tbls butter
- 6 Tbls peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbls butter
- 2 Tbls powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 bag (about 1 cup) chocolate chips
- 1 Tbls butter
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they are in crumbs. (You can really use whatever method to make crumbs that you want). In a bowl, combine the 3Tbls of butter and 6 Tbls of peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, continue to heat until completely melted, and combined. In a large bowl combine the peanut butter mixture, graham crackers and powdered sugar. Stir until everything is mixed together. Press into an 8x8 pan.
- To make the filling melt together 1/3 cup peanut butter and 2 Tbls of butter. Stir in the 2 Tbls of powdered sugar. Mix until smooth. Pour over the graham cracker crust, spreading to cover the entire crust. Gently press the marshmallows into the peanut butter layer.
- To make the topping melt together the chocolate chips and 1 Tbls of butter until it’s smooth. Pour over the marshmallows, and spread it out to cover as many marshmallows as possible.
- Put in the fridge to harden for 30 minutes. Cut into squares, and then store covered in the fridge.
Adapted from The Wannabe Chef